Handheld Steamers

willnrenee07

Anyone had any problems taking one of these on? We have one we are planning to take on the Conquest next month. Just wondering if they are giving anyone problems bringing these on like some of the power strips I've been hearing about lately. Thanks for any input anyone has.

Steamers fall under the prohibited small home appliances clause of your contract because they constitute a fire hazard. Steamers are often seen in the bin of confiscated items. It's not worth the risk of causing a fire. " They died of smoke inhalation but their clothes were nicely pressed." ;) :)

Have a safe and happy cruise!

Steamers are on the restricted list so very well might get confiscated. This is from Carnival

Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard? RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only in their carry-on luggage)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

• Hookah

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

My son and his wife were married on the Dream on October 13, 2012. We packed a hand held steamer for the wedding dress and suit "touch ups" and it was confiscated.....I didn't do my homework and failed to read about steamers, etc. not allowed. All went well without the steamer, but I was alittle embarrassed. It's all good.:p

Thanks for the responses! Guess Downy Wrinkle Release will have to do! :D

You do realize that almost all Carnival ships have a laundrette on just about each deck with a no fee stream iron available for use. The trick is to go the day before the Cruise Elegant Nights, lines get long on those days. If unable to locate the one on your deck readily just ask your cabin steward.

Archived