PreBook a Cruise while on a Cruise

getaway101

I believe they all do...

I've booked while on board on Celebrity and received onboard credits (and actually, you can book Celebrity while onboard Royal Caribbean and vice versa and receive a deal either way--they're part of the same parent company)

The reason they do this is that it's great marketing..."Strike while the iron is hot"...They already have you on a cruise, they know you'll likely cruise again...You're probably pretty excited at the time...so they like to take advantage while they can...There's enough profit in the deal that they can offer you a small incentive, either as a price reduction or an onboard credit or whatever...and look at all the marketing effort they save...

Other than Princess, is there any other cruise line that offers incentives if you prebook while on board a cruise?

NCL offers discounted rate plus onboard credit. I had researched a cruise I am doing in 2006, got the prices from their website and a few other places. When I was on my cruise this past January I booked the new one and it was less expensice for the same category stateroom, plus knowing we'll have onboard credit to our account is always nice too.

NCL Star-Jan 20, 2006

NCL Dawn-Jan 2004 & Jan 2005

NCL Sky-Jan 2003

S/S Norway-Jan 1999 & Jan 2001

Carnival Imagination-May 1996

While on the 14-day holiday sailing of the Rotterdam last Dec., we booked a b2b cruise on the Volendam for this Christmas/New Year's and will receive two bottles of wine at dinner, dinner in the Pinnacle Grill, a nice shipboard credit and a nice discounted fare for both weeks. Booking a year in advance, we were also able to get the verandah cabin and dining time we wanted. :)

HAL has been giving shipboard credit for the last few years if you book a cruise while cruising. On cruises 10 days or longer there is a cruise consultant on board. He/she will send a bottle of wine to your table once you book the cruise. The deposit does not go onto your shipboard account but directly onto your credit. In fact you will be billed for the new cruise before you get the bill from the one you are on.

The amount of shipboard credit you get per person depends on the length of the new cruise booked.

If you are on a cruise of less than 10 days, then you get a letter and a toll free number to call and book a cruise. You do get shipboard credit - but no bottle of wine.

That's very interesting Krazy Kruizers & Southbound. I was on a 10 night on the Maasdam and they didn't even have anyone on board to pre-book a new cruise. I have since already booked another one and now don't have the ship board credit. Do you know if you can transfer the booking to your own TA so you can get a better deal than what HAL offers?

When we booked on board, in order to get the extra "perks" we had to agree to transfer the booking to our TA, which was fine with us as we had planned to do so anyway as she always does right by us. There was an on-board cruise consultant to process the booking, which she then faxed to our TA. On a prior HAL cruise, we received a flyer with a similar offer which gave a phone no. to call from the cabin (no cruise consultant on board). Since I was scheduled to have surgery upon our return, I waited until we got home and learned the date of the surgery, then called HAL, gave them the promo no. from the flyer, was told the offer would be honored, so we booked. It was a "suite sale" and we got a Cat. S on the Oosterdam for a fantastic price, plus a s/b credit. Glad I decided to take a chance and made the call.

Archived