Doing what it takes to get grandfathered for Platinum

eltotaupin64

You don't receive your status until the cruise is completed..thus prior to sailing..Temporary

So no Platinum on the second leg of my B2B?

I too agree it is personal preference. Since we were going to cruise again this summer anyway, booking two shorter cruises instead of one longer one and getting perks we can use on future cruises, it works great for us.

I am doing it! I am at 9 cruises now and only 39 days sailed. We do the shorter cruises due to our tight schedules. So 1 cruise will save me 30+/- days (8-10 cruises). I will book a 3-5 day for the fall with the cheaper "hurricane" pricing. After having the FTTF on our Breeze cruise, I have decided that I want to always have the perk of being first on/off the ship! I also had to go to the Guest services quite a few time and it sure was nice to just walk up and be assisted.

You don't receive your status until the cruise is completed..thus prior to sailing..Temporary

But I already have 12 completed Carnival cruises, which makes me platinum already (and I understood that to mean regardless of number of days cruised, according to the "grandfathered" program). My number of cruises can't go down, so I should already be permanently platinum, shouldn't I?? :confused: I just don't understand the verbage "indicates temporary platinum status" on their email.

And, people receive their platinum card at the beginning of their 10th cruise, so that is not true in that case either.

• 4 weeks later...

Will be platinum on my next cruise (10th). Booking email confirmation said temporary gold status but when I went to manage my cruise the luggage tags and paperwork was platinum and priority. I just hope Inspiration adds FTTF by Sept so we can go right to the cabin. Without it, we're still dragging around our carryons!

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Archived