Shouldn't Carnival have an itinerary chg notice on website -GT- for cruises<7 days?

uncletr21

I keep thinking they will announce something soon for sailings coming up.

Somewhat related, is there any feasible port swap for a true southern route down to Aruba like the Freedom sails? GT, DR, Curacao, Aruba.

Seems like the port would need to be not further from DR than GT.

I'm guessing they are planning a day at sea on 3/25 and that's fine, just would like to know if they've already decided and prior to sailing on 3/23.

I keep thinking they will announce something soon for sailings coming up.

Somewhat related, is there any feasible port swap for a true southern route down to Aruba like the Freedom sails? GT, DR, Curacao, Aruba.

Seems like the port would need to be not further from DR than GT.

I'm guessing they are planning a day at sea on 3/25 and that's fine, just would like to know if they've already decided and prior to sailing on 3/23.

This is one of Carnivals poor points,little information provided to customers.

One cruise I learned from reading these boards that Carnival did an itineray change for a few weeks before ours left.

it was never posted nor were we ever told. It was a good thing we read the boards because I am sure that many people were pissed that we went to Ocho Rios instead of where we were supposed to go

Nope, no notices before the cruise=== got handed a piece of paper when we boarded

We are on that cruise also and sure wish they would make some decision :)

Or maybe they have and just need to communicate it! I hate guessing. Even if they can't make a decision yet, an update as to where they are at (are they hoping to open back up on xyz date?) or even a date when they think they might be announcing a decesion.

I'm trying to read into Princess Ruby itinerary change but really Carnival should be the source for info on Carnival cruises to a cruise center developed by Carnival.

If they sub in a port, there's no way for me to research it while on the cruise. Maybe they would prefer that so you are more likly to book Carnival excursions!

The solution to the current problem is in the hands of the Government of the Turks and Caicos. It is quite possible that the cruise lines using this port have no idea how quickly things will get fixed.

I'm sure given their vested interest, CCL ships (all brands) are planning to sail to GT right up until they can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This isn't just a typical switch a port day scenario. There seems to be some sort of illness going around. Something easily passed from passenger to passenger.

Any company wants to avoid an outbreak, even though they may not know how this is being transmitted.

I feel badly for the people on Grand Turk who rely on tourism for their living.

Any sort of pop up communication on website would be good, the way cruise lines do with hurricanes, 'we are monitoring the situation' etc.

Did the pax on Victory and Liberty get any word of new port or day at sea for their scheduled stop Thursday (3/21)? I thought I'd see an announcement about that, at least, from Carnival. They must know the plan for two days from now.

Princess Ruby is scheduled for GT a day later than the Carnival ships (3/22) and we know they had an itinerary change as of 3/17 and will not go to GT. Because we know about Ruby, we can assume Victory/Liberty will not stop but you'd think something would be on website, similar to when they make last minute announcements about hurricanes. If hard to work with Carnival website for posting announcements, they could just tell CC and they'd put it in news.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5264

Seems like 3 days later there should be some update. Our best hope from information becomes pax talking to captains and posting here!

Archived