Need an opinion from St Thomas regulars

mchelle77

We're in St. Thomas from 11am-7pm ... we have the St. John Catamaran tour booked, which says it's from 1230-5pm.

My husband really wanted to make it to Paradise Point - with our excursion, is that even possible?? He thinks a taxi up to the top is the answer, I think the ONLY way we are definitely making it up and back in time is to book through Carnival, because I don't think they'd LET us book it if we couldn't manage it, time-wise. It's showing it leaving at 11am for a total of one hour. I don't know how accurate the time is though ...

Thoughts?

I wouldn't rely on the excursions desk, and if you dock at 11 you won't leave for PP at 11.

If your STJ excursion gets you back to the Havensight dock by 5 you could grab a taxi at the street for a quick ride up (or walk to the aerial tram and take that up) and either way take the tram down and walk back to the ship. You just need to watch your time carefully but you would have time for the fantastic view and a Bailey's Bushwacker. Just don't watch your ship sail away! :eek:

I still wouldn't rely on them and would go after the STJ excursion if time allowed but that's your call of course. If you return to the downtown ferry terminal you will probably taxi back to the ship,mand you could get dropped at PP instead since it is so close to the ship. You'll just have to see how it all works out and decide then.

Just enjoy yourselves and if you don't make it to PP plan that next visit. :)

Thanks, I read your suggestion to my husband and he agrees with trying to do this after the excursion. I think we're going to wait until we're on board and ask at the desk. If we can swing it, we'll book it then (since it's not something that would "sell out") and if they think time is a concern, we'll pass on it.

Thanks for your input!

Archived