Wine Packages?

theldaken

Thanks for the replies, everyone, and especially for the chuckle, pepperrn. :D I really hope we get to meet jolly people like the posters on this forum on our cruise! :)

I will ask on the Cunard site, as I am still a little unclear whether you just get a ticket for any wine in the package and name it when you turn in the ticket, or if the tickets are specific to the type of wine. :confused: I can see how they might need people to pick in advance so as to ensure they bring enough of the right thing along to fill everyone's orders, but it seems like it might result in some pretty odd wine/food pairings. :( Not that I am great with matching wine to food, anyways. Kinda hopeful they pass out cheat sheets at the wine tasting. :rolleyes:

Any chance they also do some other sort of package drinks deal for mixed drinks?

• 2 weeks later...
Unless I missed it, which is entirely possible, the brochures on the wine packages are silent on service charges. Is it safe to assume that the package prices quoted are the prices you pay and 15% is not added to the package price?

As I understand it, the 15% is not added to the package price. If this is the case will my sommelier still receive payment for services from within the package or should I be offering the equivalent amount. I have previously ordered wine "as you go" and the service has always been excellent. I would hate to see my sommelier miss out simply because I purchased a package.

Regards

harryh

Thanks for the replies, everyone, and especially for the chuckle, pepperrn. :D I really hope we get to meet jolly people like the posters on this forum on our cruise! :)

I will ask on the Cunard site, as I am still a little unclear whether you just get a ticket for any wine in the package and name it when you turn in the ticket, or if the tickets are specific to the type of wine. :confused: I can see how they might need people to pick in advance so as to ensure they bring enough of the right thing along to fill everyone's orders, but it seems like it might result in some pretty odd wine/food pairings. :( Not that I am great with matching wine to food, anyways. Kinda hopeful they pass out cheat sheets at the wine tasting. :rolleyes:

Any chance they also do some other sort of package drinks deal for mixed drinks?

I haven't ordered a wine package on-board before but will be doing so for my next trip. It appears that booking the wine package via the website/phone will result in payment for it being charged to a credit card - however, I have a healthy amount of OBC for this trip and would rather purchase the package on-board using this (wine tends to be my major on-board spend so it makes sense).

Does anyone have experience of this and what needs to be done to sort it when boarding?

Archived