Solo Cruisers ... Why Do We Do It?

jtwanabe

I loved your post for so many reasons. I am new to cruising, and new to being single. At times I would feel guilty for splurging on the best for myself, but I am loving life now! I can tell you are very comfortable in your skin...it's a great thing. I went on one cruise end of last year. My 2nd cruise is in May. Looking forward to more fabulous solo time. Champagne on my balcony, meeting people and having an amazing time.

Glad to hear you are enjoy your cruises after all we only live once, that being said I will be taking my first solo cruise in August and looking forward to it!!!

Happy Cruising to you!!!

I have been a single mom since my daughters were babies. I have a very demanding job and work long hours. I am the one who everyone in my extended family turns to when they need something.... in short, I tend to "take care of" everyone. I am not complaining... love my job, love, love my family... but sometimes I just want ME time. Cruising solo gives me that. I get pampered and no one asks me for anything :D I can be as social as I want or I can hibernate in a quiet corner with a good book. I come home relaxed and rejuvenated.

I don't always cruise solo - I enjoy taking my "adult" daughters and their friends as we discover new places. I also enjoy cruising with a friend - separate cabin so we aren't crowding each other - nice to be "semi" solo that way too

Dee

I understand, I'm a single mom, I have 3 daughters, 12,15 and 33 I have done several cruises with them, this one is for me!! Need the me time!! Wish me luck in this new solo cruise adventure.

Happy Cruising !!!

Margie

I agree, I work very hard at a Dr's office and I deserve this 1 week for me!! I know it sounds selfish, I tried getting some company but every one I asked was busy or not interested so I booked my Cruise anyway It's what I have been doing every Summer the last five yrs. and I was not going to miss out on my cruise because I didn't have anyone to cruise with. So wish me luck on my first solo cruise, looking forward to relaxing on deck soaking in the sun, with nice Mojito, And best of all NO PHONE CALLS !!! For a week. Can't get any better!!

Happy Cruising everyone!!

Margie

Happy cruising to you too Margie ! :) Yes, I think you deserve a little something for yourself.

I agree, I work very hard at a Dr's office and I deserve this 1 week for me!! I know it sounds selfish, I tried getting some company but every one I asked was busy or not interested so I booked my Cruise anyway It's what I have been doing every Summer the last five yrs. and I was not going to miss out on my cruise because I didn't have anyone to cruise with. So wish me luck on my first solo cruise, looking forward to relaxing on deck soaking in the sun, with nice Mojito, And best of all NO PHONE CALLS !!! For a week. Can't get any better!!

Happy Cruising everyone!!

Margie

Not selfish at all. Everyone deserves some "me" time. Unfortunately not everyone can have it.

I'm a teacher and am dictated when to eat, go to the toilet etc. My time for 7 hours a day is NEVER my own. Then there are family commitments.

When I go on holidays I want to do what I want when I want. I love travelling with my hubby but sometimes it's frustrating when I have to plan every detail and he just gets up in the mornaing and says "what are we doing today"?

So I'm seriously considering a solo cruise so I can get up when I want, go where I want, eat what I want (without hubby saying "you don't need that":mad:). I KNOW that but I WANT it anyway. My hubby also prefers buffets and I like being served and enjoy others company. He likes to lay in the room, I like to lay by the pool. Hang on- I've just decided I won't cruise with him any more. LOL

Go for it.

There should be a single cruisers roll call so we could meet up while still having our own rooms.

My DW is going to Brazil for a month to see her son and his family. While she is gone, I'm treating myself to a cruise. We both think its a great idea! My first Solo and I will enjoy myself.

have fun ! :D

Happy cruising to you too Margie ! :) Yes, I think you deserve a little something for yourself.

Thank you, everyone has been helpful, I was a bit worried about doing this cruise alone but feeling much better about it now. Looking forward to it!

Thank you, everyone has been helpful, I was a bit worried about doing this cruise alone but feeling much better about it now. Looking forward to it!

By all means you should look forward to it. ;)

Archived