Wine Package and CVS wine?

popeye0429

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers !

Quick couple questions .. pls.

We're (two couples) doing a B2B on Royal and Carnival (Miami) and would like to buy the wine package for our rooms on Carnival. We know we have to wait til we board Victory to order the wine package .. is it sold only for the dining room consumption or can we have it delivered to our rooms?

Also . When we get off the Royal cruise we want to take a taxi to CVS for our Victory "room" wine ... Does CVS sell wine ?

Thanks ... 33 days to vaca ! :D

We're (two couples) doing a B2B on Royal and Carnival (Miami) and would like to buy the wine package for our rooms on Carnival. We know we have to wait til we board Victory to order the wine package .. is it sold only for the dining room consumption or can we have it delivered to our rooms?

Also . When we get off the Royal cruise we want to take a taxi to CVS for our Victory "room" wine ... Does CVS sell wine ?

You can buy the wine package before you leave if you want to. You can also buy it when you get on board. I have never tried to buy wine at CVS. I am pretty sure they sell ber and would think they sell wine also. Have an awesome cruise.

Thanks for the quick responses !

We'll be coming back from the Royal cruise on a Monday AM and then on to the Victory that same morning .. so we won't have to worry about CVS Sunday "rules" .. Seems, also, the taxi drivers will have a ton of knowledge of local shopping that they'll share.

I question whether the wine package can be sent to the room or is it only available for dining room use?

Thanks ! Getting more excited every passing minute .. it's been a long wait ... :)

We'll be coming back from the Royal cruise on a Monday AM and then on to the Victory that same morning .. so we won't have to worry about CVS Sunday "rules" .. Seems, also, the taxi drivers will have a ton of knowledge of local shopping that they'll share.

I question whether the wine package can be sent to the room or is it only available for dining room use?

Thanks ! Getting more excited every passing minute .. it's been a long wait ... :)

About buying wine in Miami, you can always call the drugstore to see what they carry: CVS on Biscayne Blvd (786) 838-0316, Walgreens at 1SE 3rd St (305) 373-4320. Too bad there isn't a Publix or ABC store closer to the port.

Can't help with info about where Carnival delivers your wine package. Have a great time on your B2B, it sounds like a blast. :)

We usually have a bottle of wine waiting for us in the room, courtesy of my agent. If it's white wine, our cabin attendant puts it in a bucket with ice for us. So I'm pretty sure you can order wine ahead of time for your room. I've ordered wine for my parents for their cabin to surprise them also. But I know that you CAN'T buy a bottle at dinner and bring back the rest to your room. Your waiter saves it for you and brings it out at your next dinner. We also sneak a bottle in our luggage for the room, without a problem, luckily. Most of my friends have tried and they always end up in the "naughty room". Haha! We have been lucky.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm cruising next week! Woohoo!

The wine package can be purchased in the lobby when you board. You receive coupons in your cabin for the number of bottles in your package and can "redeem" them in the dining room or at any bar.

Can you redeem all the coupons at once at one of the bars? If so, can you then take them back to your cabin? Thanks!

I just went ahead this morning and bought wine (you can buy individual bottles) and I had it sent to my room. I figure the bottle is cheaper than individual glasses. Also we will bring a bottle each when boarding. Go on carnival site and select beverage in the gift packages.

The wine package can be purchased in the lobby when you board. You receive coupons in your cabin for the number of bottles in your package and can "redeem" them in the dining room or at any bar.

It is better to wait to purchase after the ship leaves. If you buy it while in port you will pay sales tax on it.

The question from the OP mentions a "wine package" and this is something that I cannot find reference to. Before we cruised on Conquest in January, I found references to a "package" deal that was cheaper than buying individual bottles from BV. Now, I cannot find anything about a package deal.

Does anyone know where or how to order a 3 or 4 bottle wine "package" from Carnival?

Thanks!

This morning I only bought one bottle but you can buy as many as you want and they'll send them to your room on the day or days you want. Go to Carnival.com and type wine packages in the search area on top right. Then click on Carnival Services, then click on beverages. You'll see wine listed at the bottom.

I hope this helps (if it's what you're looking for).

Jo

Thanks, Jo, but what I think you are pointing to is just the individual bottle list that I have looked at. What I saw previously was a package of either red or white wines that contained either 3 or 4 bottles. The package price was much cheaper than the per bottle price from the BV list.

The Carnival wine package sells 5 OK $10 retail wines for $153. You are probably better off, buying 2 bottles of wine per couple in your previous Royal cruise ports and let Royal give it back to you on the last day to take it to the Victory ship directly.

I have no idea where your Royal cruise goes to, but St. Martin, St. Thomas, San Juan are good ports to buy wines.

:p .. Yes, that's the wine package I'm referring to ... $153. We purchased it on the last cruise (Pride) and the ladies loved it.

Great idea to pickup our "allowed" four bottles at the last Royal port and take them on Victory ! That'll save the taxi trip to town.

Thanks for all your great responses fellow cruisers ... I knew I could count on some thoughtful answers !

:D... 32 days and we'll be outta here !

We usually have a bottle of wine waiting for us in the room, courtesy of my agent. If it's white wine, our cabin attendant puts it in a bucket with ice for us. So I'm pretty sure you can order wine ahead of time for your room. I've ordered wine for my parents for their cabin to surprise them also. But I know that you CAN'T buy a bottle at dinner and bring back the rest to your room. Your waiter saves it for you and brings it out at your next dinner. We also sneak a bottle in our luggage for the room, without a problem, luckily. Most of my friends have tried and they always end up in the "naughty room". Haha! We have been lucky.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm cruising next week! Woohoo!

We bought the wine package on the Pride. Our waiter let us take the wine bottle with us after dinner to the show or wherever. He even gave us a bucket with ice to keep it cold. Loved the wine package!

We bought a 5 bottle (white) wine package on our cruise. We ordered it from "Candy on Top", and had the option of having them sent to our room - or just delivered to our table each night for dinner - COLD. We opted for them to deliver it cold each night at dinner. Brought 2 on board, plus 5 in package - had wine every night for dinner. We'd just top off our glasses after dessert and head to piano bar with our final glass of wine after each dinner. We were not charged for corking fee for any of the wine - not even the 2 we brought from our cabin. We were sure to use the 'purchased package wine first 2 nights so that they came with the 'carnival ribbon's' on them - so the waiter knows not to charge corking. Then when we brought our own - on 2 other nights we were not charged the corking fee either. Sweet. On our next cruise though - we didn't want to buy 5 bottles - so we just ordered a bottle off the menu at dinner each night. :D

We bought a 5 bottle (white) wine package on our cruise. We ordered it from "Candy on Top", and had the option of having them sent to our room...

Ok, I Googled Candy on Top and you can only imagine the sorts of hits that came up with! :o Can you provide a better name or a link to this?

Thanks!

Ok, I Googled Candy on Top and you can only imagine the sorts of hits that came up with! :o Can you provide a better name or a link to this?

Thanks!

I agree! LOL, more info on Candy on Top -- with Carnival, of course!:rolleyes:

You can buy wine just about anywhere in Florida - note addresses for Walgreens and CVS below. HOWEVER, you cannot buy any alcohol in Florida on Sundays before noon. The cash registers literally cannot ring it up. The time used to be 1:00 PM, but Florida law changed last year to noon.

Happy Cruising.

CVS actually has a great wine selection, I was surprised :D, right on the main drag Biscayne Blvd right across from Bayside Market.

The question from the OP mentions a "wine package" and this is something that I cannot find reference to. Before we cruised on Conquest in January, I found references to a "package" deal that was cheaper than buying individual bottles from BV. Now, I cannot find anything about a package deal.

Does anyone know where or how to order a 3 or 4 bottle wine "package" from Carnival?

Thanks!

You purchase the wine package once on board. They will have a display of three different qualities with different choices within each category. At dinner they will provide you with a wine list, you choose your wine and present your voucher. Any wine that you do not finish at that meal may be saved by your waiter for your next dinner or you may take it back to your room. We do not always consume a full bottle and like to take the remainder back to your room for a drink before dinner the next day. I hope this answers a few questions.

Just as an option, there is a Target near the port, and they'll certainly have a better wine selection than CVS.

CVS does sell wine. That is where we bought ours. With the wine package you can use it at any bar to pick up a bottle of wine. I don't know if you can have it sent to your room or not, but you can certainly bring it to your room yourself.

You purchase the wine package once on board. They will have a display of three different qualities with different choices within each category. At dinner they will provide you with a wine list, you choose your wine and present your voucher. Any wine that you do not finish at that meal may be saved by your waiter for your next dinner or you may take it back to your room. We do not always consume a full bottle and like to take the remainder back to your room for a drink before dinner the next day. I hope this answers a few questions.

This does answer my questions! Thanks for the help. I am assuming we would go to the pursers desk to order the package or is there another place where we go? Sorry, I don't mean to play 50 questions. :o

Archived