Smoke Smell in Cabins

Dcoy

...And you've got to lean out quite a way to get your head around the divide as much as he did

If you take the chair out of the cabin (that one that normally sits in front of the dressing table) and put it against the balcony divider, then climb up on it and stand on tip toe, you can see over the top quite easily.

J

Sorry, not clear in my original post - the glass front of the balcony, not the divide.

I could have (ish) understood if he'd introduced himself but he just hovered there like a disembodied head staring at us - very odd! And you've got to lean out quite a way to get your head around the divide as much as he did

Yikes! That is really creepy. What did you do?

If you take the chair out of the cabin (that one that normally sits in front of the dressing table) and put it against the balcony divider, then climb up on it and stand on tip toe, you can see over the top quite easily.

J

Don't be silly. That only works for someone under 4ft 5 inches.

J

You seem to have quite intimate knowledge of this.

Worrying:eek:.

Sir Martin:D

Yikes! That is really creepy. What did you do?

It was such a strange sight I just sat there staring at him waiting for him to say something - my view was he'd started the interaction, he should make the effort. Fortunately it was only a 3-nighter so I barely saw him again.

Sorry, not clear in my original post - the glass front of the balcony, not the divide.

I could have (ish) understood if he'd introduced himself but he just hovered there like a disembodied head staring at us - very odd! And you've got to lean out quite a way to get your head around the divide as much as he did

Must have had a neck like a giraffe:eek:

J

So you have obviously done it. :)

That does raise the question of why people who smoke should have their use of their balcony affected by nonsmoking neighbours.

Malcolm....you took the words right off my fingertips!;)

This thread has been most entertaining in so many ways....LOL....:D I find the various opinions expressed on this topic so enlightening....aside from all the "hawking" and stuff that is.:eek:

Cheers, Penny

J

J......you REALLY did this? THUD!!! :

I'll pay more attention the next time I hear some old reprobate dragging a chair over to the partition....and make sure I'm suitably attired of course!

I'm appalled....astounded....GOBSMACKED even. Sorry I missed it!;)

Cheers, Penny

Cripes! Clearly it was a clever set-up. Jimmy Three Breakfasts knows that anyone dumb enough to stand on that chair would get his or her just rewards - the seat would cave in shortly after the person standing on the chair cracked their skill on the metal ceiling. Calls for help would reveal a perv imprisoned by the frame of the chair. Got to get up pretty early in the morning to fool Jimmy Three Breakfasts! :D

J......you REALLY did this? THUD!!! :

I'll pay more attention the next time I hear some old reprobate dragging a chair over to the partition....and make sure I'm suitably attired of course!

I'm appalled....astounded....GOBSMACKED even. Sorry I missed it!;)

Cheers, Penny

Ah - sometimes one must suffer for one's art. The pursuit of ships to photograph knows no bounds and recognises no limitations. A little furniture engineering to see over the top of a balcony screen is a minor inconvenience. :D:D:D

J

PS - if it helps, the cabin was 4.001 :cool:

Reading certain posts of this thread put a HUGE smile on my face :) ;) :) .

So funny... ;)

Best .... I've read in a long while ;).

Thank you, thank you... :) .

You should have been on here the other night, it was very enlightening!

Lovely to see some of the old school back on here posting....

Best, Judy

Malcolm....you took the words right off my fingertips!;)

This thread has been most entertaining in so many ways....LOL....:D I find the various opinions expressed on this topic so enlightening....aside from all the "hawking" and stuff that is.:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Ditto Patwell......Lol

I'm the one who started this thread and very quickly I determined that the brochure I was reading had a typo. There is No Smoking in the cabins. Some how we have beat that horse to death and know we're discussing being peeping Toms. Also someone has contacted a lawyer.

We need to end this thread and discuss the good points of cruising.

Don

At least it's stayed (mostly:D) good humoured, unlike smoking threads elsewhere.

Anyway, we've only got to 70-odd posts - plenty of mileage yet.

This will be my first cruise on Cunard. My past 3 have been on Royal Carribean and that's the boards I use to visit the most. It is different here as during the three weeks I've read the Cunard threads, I have not seen one about smuggling booze on board or trying to get out of tipping. This is a nice change.

Don

This will be my first cruise on Cunard. My past 3 have been on Royal Carribean and that's the boards I use to visit the most. It is different here as during the three weeks I've read the Cunard threads, I have not seen one about smuggling booze on board or trying to get out of tipping. This is a nice change.

Don

"No no no, such things are never discussed on this forum", said Salacia as she was struck by lighting :eek:

But being a good Rower, she got a charge out of it and survived (sorry folks :cool: )

:D

Don

This is the Cunard board - we don't smuggle booze, we secrete alcoholic beverages about our accoutrements :D

Archived