Which location is best for aft penthouse on the Pearl?

I booked an 11 night on the Pearl in a mini suite. I've been reading and searching the boards and I have now discovered that the suite perks are very nice on NCL so I am planning to call and upgrade to an aft penthouse. I've looked through the deck plans and the only aft penthouse cabins that are available to us as a family of 3 are the 4 on deck 8. It does show me that there are two available on deck 9, but the deck plans say that these are also accessible cabins.

It looks like two of these rooms are above the nightclub and two of them are above the bowling alley lanes. I'm hoping that you can help me decide which location would be the best?

• 3 weeks later...

We had room 10166 last year on the Pearl and I believe it to be one of the best ones. Deck 10 SF Penhouses have the largest balconies. Somewhere on here I believe there are pics of the handicap accessible units. I did not care for them personally. I am sorry but I do not know how bad the noise is in the deck 8 SF's. I can say though, that the Suite Perks are soooo nice. Right from the very beginning. At the port when they discover you are in a suite they wisk you away to the special area to check in and you are pampered from there the rest of the cruise.

None of the SF catagory Penthouses will sleep 4 I don't care what the deck plans say - 3 is the most you are allowed to book in one. As for location - Deck 10 have the largest balcony, followed by 9 then 8. You are right that on the Pearl the deck 8 rooms are directly above the Bliss Lounge so there might be noise issues. We were on deck 10 (10166) on our AK cruise last year and loved it.

I upgraded two weeks ago and the rep put us in an accessible room on deck 9. I felt really bad about taking up an accessible room when we don't need one so I called back and had it switched to a deck 8 SF. The deck 8 cabins and the two accessible on deck 9 were the only ones left so I took one on deck 8 and I'm sure we will like it. I plan to bring a little battery operated fan to use for white noise so we should be fine with noise unless the floor is pulsating with the music. That would be a problem for us. :eek:

I don't know why cruise lines put suites directly above music venues, but I'm sure the sound proofing is very good. I will be watching prices and hoping to upgrade if the price is right, but if it's not, I'm sure we will be find wherever we are as long as we get to enjoy the suite life. :D This will be our first time and we are beyond excited!

I upgraded two weeks ago and the rep put us in an accessible room on deck 9. I felt really bad about taking up an accessible room when we don't need one so I called back and had it switched to a deck 8 SF. The deck 8 cabins and the two accessible on deck 9 were the only ones left so I took one on deck 8 and I'm sure we will like it. I plan to bring a little battery operated fan to use for white noise so we should be fine with noise unless the floor is pulsating with the music. That would be a problem for us. :eek:

I don't know why cruise lines put suites directly above music venues, but I'm sure the sound proofing is very good. I will be watching prices and hoping to upgrade if the price is right, but if it's not, I'm sure we will be find wherever we are as long as we get to enjoy the suite life. :D This will be our first time and we are beyond excited!

If you did not book one of the two outermost penthouses on the stern of deck 8 I would change staterooms now while one is still available.

We were in one of the two balcony staterooms directly above the band in Bliss and believe me there was either no soundproofing or it was ineffective. We not only heard the song words but worse and specifically mentioned by you as a problem our floor and walls shook from the bass vibration.

Here is a link to free drag it decks site - - looks like you may be ok with one of the outermost penthouses.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Pearl

Archived