Just off the Eurodam & it's Tops!

dag144

We sailed this ship and same itinerary in November eating at the PG 5 of the 7 nights, breakfast every morning, Tamarind 1 night and Canneletto the other. We always find the PG dining is at a slower pace, as all fine dining, but we knew our wait staff from the Westerdam, who remembered us, (it's a wonder how HA staff seem to be able to do this) and their service was exellent as always. But then again we enjoy conversing and getting to know the staff so we don't experience the aloof attitudes described in this post.

We are sailing again on the Eurodam in 5 days and plan on dining numerous evenings, if not all in the PG.

We dined in the Tamarind 1 night and DW was very disappointed with the Tamarind as I was with the Canneletto. This was our first experience at these venues so it very well may have been our respective menu choices, so please do not base a dining decision on this post.

Lunch at the Tamarind I found enjoyable and plan to dine there for lunch often on the up coming cruise but DW said she will not be joining me.

Our opinion, and yes, it is only tailored to our likes, Holland America provides a well rounded menu selection within all of its dining venues to fit our every eclectic epicurion desire of the day.

Did you use one of the Cabanas or the Thermal Spa Retreat? If so, would love to hear more about your views of each. Thanks!!

Gamelan1971- Can't speak on the Cabanas as November was the first time we had seen them. I have been trying to convince DW to cruise more by getting an inside instead of a suite and then get a Cabana every since I saw them. No luck yet.

The Thermal Spa is a another matter. We only sail on Vista, and now Signature, class ships just because of the Thermal Spa, as you can see by our cruise history. DW insists and I agree! We book for the entire cruise and use it daily. On port days the Thermal Suite is less attended but it can get rather cozy sometimes on sea days. We throughly enjoy the Thermal Pool and the Thermal Chaises and highly recommend it.

We had a reservation for 12:30 pm on a sea day in the Pinnacle. The hours that day were noon to 1:30 and the earliest we could make our reservations was 12:30. We and one other party came at the same time. We were second and waited over ten minutes for the fellow who mans the front desk to return and seat us. The room was almost empty. Could have been lightly staffed that lunch. We were finally seated by sourpuss with no sorry or acknowledgement of the wait. That is my idea of attitude!

Must have been the fellow we had on the Zaandam a few years ago on two sucessive cruises. Mr Attitude. We have seen similar to what you describe, but not that bad, luckily.

Honestly, we have had more so-so service overall in the Pinnacle (lunch and dinner) than good. Sorry to say it, but if we didn't get 50% discount and now 2 complimentary, we wouldn't bother.

Archived