S-Class: Which Celebrity Suite is the best

XFans

Hi All

My question: which Celebrity Suite is the best on a S-class ship?

Is there really any difference between them?

When I look at the deck plans, it seems like the Celebrity Suites 1233 and 1110 have a bigger balconies than the others, because they are the first diagonally ones on the "hump".

Are they bigger / better or isn't there really a difference? :confused:

Many thanks in advance! :cool:

Many thanks for your posts. :)

So how about privacy on those balconies? Since they are facing towards the regular cabins? are you more exposed on them than on the other celebrity suite balconies?

Agree with the previous poster. We had CS 1233 on Solstice deck 10 2 years ago, and it was fabulous, with a really huge, oversized balcony. This year, we booked an equivalent CS on Reflection, 1122 on deck 10.

Great reports, especially about Solstice-class room 1233. We have that specific Celebrity Suite booked for our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011.

Good question "about privacy on those balconies?" Look forward to hearing any and all added details, successes/tips/ideas with the Bulter, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 2,052 views for this shorter version started late last week of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

I did not feel exposed at all. I can't say if it was any more exposed than one of the standard balcony CSs, since I haven't been on one. If you sit back from the rail, I don't think anyone can see you. Only cabins forward of you can see you at all, due to the forward facing angle. And I am pretty sure that would only be if you are standing close to the rail. I think if you are on the lounger, or sitting back from the rail, the balcony divider hides you from anyone forward. Just don't stand at your rail to admire the sunrise in your birthday suit, and I think you'll be ok! :)

I did not feel exposed at all. I can't say if it was any more exposed than one of the standard balcony CSs, since I haven't been on one. If you sit back from the rail, I don't think anyone can see you. Only cabins forward of you can see you at all, due to the forward facing angle. And I am pretty sure that would only be if you are standing close to the rail. I think if you are on the lounger, or sitting back from the rail, the balcony divider hides you from anyone forward. Just don't stand at your rail to admire the sunrise in your birthday suit, and I think you'll be ok! :)

Yes, good comments and reaction. Yes, I will have to stop that sunrise birthday suit habit. Could shock, harm and frighten the birds and fish.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 124,372 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We just returned from the Equinox where we had CS 1110 ~ loved the huge balcony! It always felt very private to us; only time we saw others was when we were standing at the rail. It would now be hard to book a CS with a "regular" balcony since I was spoiled with the size of this one.

Only one lounger, but we asked our butler if he could get us another & that one appeared on the second day :)

We just returned from the Equinox where we had CS 1110 ~ loved the huge balcony! It always felt very private to us; only time we saw others was when we were standing at the rail. It would now be hard to book a CS with a "regular" balcony since I was spoiled with the size of this one. Only one lounger, but we asked our butler if he could get us another & that one appeared on the second day :)

Good added info. Yes, that's our plan in asking for an added lounger. Below are a few visuals I pull off of the web for how these suites look, what's provided, bigger TV's, etc.

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 2,052 views for this shorter version started late last week of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Here is a sampling for some of the visuals for a Celebrity Suite on the Solstice-type ships. The L-shaped sofa allows lots of room to relax and entertain others as you enjoy the view out the double-sized sliding glass, full-length doors. The deck lounge chair and table are larger on the double-sized balcony. The bedroom area connects directly to the bathroom and the walk-in closet area. Not one, but two TV's, including a 54" in the living area and a 40" in the bedroom.

CeleSuiteLivRoomLsofa.jpg

CeleSuiteDeckFurnComfort.jpg

CeleSuiteBedroom.jpg

CeleSuiteLRLargeTV.jpg

CeleSuiteBRTV.jpg

Thanks for all these posts and pictures. We sail 2 weeks from tomorrow in 1110 on the Solstice and will be in it for 39 days (Sydney-Honolulu-Ensenada-Seattle).

We are beyond excited (passed that level about a month ago). :D

Thanks for all these posts and pictures. We sail 2 weeks from tomorrow in 1110 on the Solstice and will be in it for 39 days (Sydney-Honolulu-Ensenada-Seattle). We are beyond excited (passed that level about a month ago). :D

WOW!! Thirty-nine days is lots on one ship at one time. Great thing you have a nice, roomy suite, etc. Be sure to do some type of post-trip report on these CC Boards about your overall cruise experience, insights on the Solstice, etc. Let us know, also, your tips, secrets from working with your Butler. We like good, but reasonable ideas on using that service to maximize the experience without getting out of control. Your Cel. Suite 1110 is the exact "match" on the opposite side to our #1233. Below are a few more pictures for how things look and lay-out with these suites.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 124,372 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are four different visuals in connect with Solstice 1235. First a blow-up of the deck plan for the tenth floor. This room is very close to the central part of the ship and key elevator group, library, etc. Second is a cut-away for the room lay-out, two doors to the bathroom, walk-in closet, sitting area,large balcony, etc. Third is a balcony view. Where you see the four people, including the one person in a red shirt, is suite 1253 with the double-size balcony to the left of the top part of the “X”. Finally, here’s an interior room with plenty of room to relax, see the views through the glass, etc. .:

SolsticeCelSuiteDiagram.jpg

SolsticeCS1235.jpg

SolsticeCS1235BalconyX.jpg

SolsticeCelSuiteLRMain.jpg

Nice pics, Terry! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE 1233! The photo of the regular CS balcony you provided will really make you appreciate the larger balcony of the hump CS. You'll see what I mean when you step out on your balcony! :) And yes, we also requested a second lounger, and received it on the first day. It was a pool lounger, not another one like what is already on the balcony, but it was great! I think those balcony suites should come with 2 loungers standard, anyway! ARE YOU LISTENING, CELEBRITY? 2 adults are generally in the suite, and they are going to want to be enjoying the balcony at the same time!

Also, just so you will feel really good about your CS, we were in a RS on Millie. That was pre-solsticization, before they put balconies on CSs, and a balcony is a must for us. I did not like the M class Royal suite more than the S class Celebrity Suite. The extra space was wasted space, for us. There was a dining area when you first come in the door. We never dined in our cabin, and we generally used the table as a place to put beach towels, pool bag, books, etc, etc. Otherwise, it offered all the same bonuses as the CS. Well, there was a hot tub on the balcony, but I ended up not using it. It was kind of old and I think just rusty, but it looked dirty. Yuck! I am more than happy to be coming back to the CS!

This isn't the best perspective in the world, but it is hard to get a photo of the whole balcony. The first photo is my daughter on the balcony of 1233 on Solstice. It isn't always that shaded, by the way. The shade moves around during the day...this was probably early or late. Midday, most of the balcony is in the sun. This is one side of the balcony. The second photo is my mom having breakfast on the balcony. The table is on the side opposite the loungers. Hope this helps a little!

CSbalconySolstice_zps46c113b1.jpg

CS1233balcony_zps6c356999.jpg

Archived