St. Thomas excursions? Need Help.

mpr774

I will be in St Thomas in August with dh and two kids ages 12 and 10. We will be there from 7am - 3pm What do you recommend doing that early? We were looking at Megans bay or Sapphire beach. Is there a pool at either and rentals like floats etc. Perhaps a Resort that sells day passes. I would appreciate any ideas; only port I'm undecided on.

No pool at either location for day cruisers, look at Coral World on Coki Beach to see if that interests you for this short time in port. We like Sapphire for the beach, but Coki is also nice but a bit more crowded and has several vendors.

Magens, Sapphire, and Coki rent chairs, etc.

To clarify my earlier reply Sapphire rents kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and mats and snorkel gear and Coki does too and both are nice beaches with food and drink. Sapphire is home to a few condo resorts and is just free of independent vendors and has less of that busy vibe that Coki has.

Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald beach) and Morningstar Beach are closer to your port and offer chair rentals and snacks and drinks and are nice enough to enjoy for just a beach day. The taxi to the East End beaches like Sapphire and Coki is 1/2 hr and $20pp roundtrip, Lindbergh and Morningstar are much closer.

But check Coral World, they offer packages that include transportation.

Thanks so much for the responses. I can not swim my kids and dh can, I was thinking going to coki beach because read it has snorkeling in shallow water. Do you guys know if there is a drop off there like at sapphire beach. Also if I were to leave the beach at 11am will I have time to see paradise point and be back on ship by 1:30 ship leaves at 2pm.

How much is the Taxi fare to morningstar and emerald beach.

Coki has a pretty shallow entry, Sapphire does too actually. Secret Harbor is very shallow and calm but probanly not good snorkeling right off the beach.

You'd have a good hour at PP barring any real delays.

Taxi to those beaches will be between $5 and 7pp each way depending on where you are docked and where you go.

Archived