Jewel Forward PH Suites 9502 and 9002--whats wrong with these two rooms??

i know i might get some people mad for saying this, but i would be furious if i spent all that money for the Haven, for it to only be overrun with children. isnt that exactly why one books the Haven, to get away from all that? i do think the Haven on the EPIC would be more crowded, as opposed to the Jewel class. that's exactly why i like to stick with the aft penthouses when i can- very peaceful.

I appreciate your honesty... Even though have a son who will be 11 on the Getaway next year, we like to get away from the pool craziness as does he. If its too crowded then he just can't enjoy the pool area at all. I know most kids can be quite a handful on cruises but Trey is different in that he has cruised since he was 4 and knows that behavior expectations on board. IF he EVER was to not behave, he would lose the Haven access by our choosing. (But on the Getaway, he and DH will be hitting those water slides pretty often so it will be me who uses the Haven the most. LOL)

And unfortunately I think some parents think a cruise is a license to let their kids do whatever the hell the want on board... I've seen alot of unruly kids and alot of parents just do NOT monitor their kids... Not only is it dangerous, it's just the sad state of the current parenting style IMHO...

i know i might get some people mad for saying this, but i would be furious if i spent all that money for the Haven, for it to only be overrun with children. isnt that exactly why one books the Haven, to get away from all that? i do think the Haven on the EPIC would be more crowded, as opposed to the Jewel class. that's exactly why i like to stick with the aft penthouses when i can- very peaceful.

All in all its not a problem for us, as we rarely use the pools. But we do like the hot tubs once in a while for some peaceful relaxing, and it gets a little irksome sometimes. On the Epic, both hot tubs had at least 4 kids, usually young teens, in them every time we looked and usually up to 8 or 9 in each It would be nice if they designated one for adults only and enforced it, as sometimes those kids were rambunctious, running between the pool and hot tub. I rarely saw adults in the hot tubs.. Perhaps the kids would have moved on or been exceptionally behaved had we gotten in, but once we saw the kids, we decided not to change clothes and try.. On the Jewel, it was a non-family cruise (early December) but there was one family that had two children who were ALWAYS (well every time we checked!) in the Haven playing with toys, with no parents in sight. I mean at 7am, 3 pm, 10 pm, etc. They were rarely dressed for swimming, but playing with a dozen or more toys floating in the hot tub and the pool. We decided to try late night a few times (2am or so) but each time the hot tub was closed and taped off. So we never got to use the hot tub peacefully on that cruise. I have been told that in the Haven on the Jewel class ships the hot tubs are "adults only" (for safety's sake) but it doesn't seem to be enforced, plus on my sailing the kids weren't actually in the tub itself, just using it for toys and play.

I'm a parent myself, and I completely understand that children can be very well behaved, etc (mine were angels lol ;)). And kids really weren't being "bad", just monopolizing the hot tubs and probably never realized they were doing so. Perhaps we could have asked the kids to move on, or remove their toys from the tub and pool, etc, but I am not really comfortable with that (they have every right to be there!). I only hope that parents are cognizant that occasionally adults may want to use the hot tubs in peace and perhaps can remind their children of that, so that we can all share the space.. After all, everyone has the right to be there!

Robin

Archived