Princess Transfer to Seattle Airport

luvSClake

Can anyone tell l me how their transfer from the ship to SeaTac went? We have an 11:30 am flight after our cruise, TA has us set up to use the Princess Transfer to the airport, but I am wondering if we should take care of this on our own and get a Taxi or Town Car?

Can anyone tell l me how their transfer from the ship to SeaTac went? We have an 11:30 am flight after our cruise, TA has us set up to use the Princess Transfer to the airport, but I am wondering if we should take care of this on our own and get a Taxi or Town Car?

We had the transfers from the pier to Sea-Tac last year... Once you disembark, you'll pick up your luggage, go through customs and head out to the buses. When yours is full, you'll be on your way. It went very smoothly. Princess will know what time your flights are and will get you out at the correct time.

Three things to consider however:

1) You'll have to wait for your bus to fill up with other riders (unless you are the last ones :D) so if you don't like waiting, a pre-arranged town car is the way to go...

2) If I remember correctly, the lot where buses let you off at SEATAC is at the north end of the airport. It can be quite a walk if your airline is at the south end of the terminal. A town car will drop you right near your check-in.

3) Depending on the car service used, price difference might not be too bad. We used Already There Town Car and it was only $60 plus tip for two people.

Note: For #2 & 3, my experience was over 3 yrs ago in Sep '09

I would hire a private service to insure you get to the airport on time. We have used Seattle Shuttle with great success. They are very reasonable and prompt. We are using them again in May. We have also used Already there Towncar service.

My hand is up also for Already There Towncar Service. Used them in 2011 and 2012. You call once you are along side and advise as to your time to disembark. Than call when you are out of the terminal and ready for pick up. The driver will call you within minutes and pick you up. He lets you off at the doorway nearest your airline. I would also suggest that you use luggage direct too. I think it is well worth the money. You appy for this a few days before arriving back in Seattle. You pay a small fee plus the airline charge for your bags. The last night you will receive your airline tags and your boarding pass. You put the tags on your luggage and set outside your door. No need to have to find luggage in the terminal buiding You will not see your luggage until you are at your home airport. The Town car will be there. A pleasant drive to the airport with time to get a snack and just people watch. Just my personal thought, I would not book a flight that early. Might be alright if the ship clears on time. Also what if you do not get on the first bus to SEA and have to wait for a second bus to fill (happened to us in FLL) plus by the time we got to the airport, the lines were horrible...long story short, we missed our flight. Lesson learned, will not use the Princess trnsfers from ship to airport. Even when we stay over before a cruise, I will use the motel shuttle back to the airport and get with the transfer there. They take care of the luggage and it works well for me. I know, most do not do this. If you cannot change the 11:30 flight, I would definitely use Already There and luggage direct. It will save you time in the terminal and time at the airport.

I am also leaning towards the town car option. Countrygirl, I had many of your stated reservations as well. The next flight isn't until 11 that night, so after talking with our TA and making sure it was within Princesses recommended time slot, we decided to go with the earlier flight. Hopefully it will work out,if not, guess we will just have to deal with it. I think I have also read that we can carry our luggage off the ship ourselves, if so, I would think that would save us some time.

I am also leaning towards the town car option. Countrygirl, I had many of your stated reservations as well. The next flight isn't until 11 that night, so after talking with our TA and making sure it was within Princesses recommended time slot, we decided to go with the earlier flight. Hopefully it will work out,if not, guess we will just have to deal with it. I think I have also read that we can carry our luggage off the ship ourselves, if so, I would think that would save us some time.

I still would suggest you use luggage direct. Even if you carry the luggage off the ship, you will have to check it at the airport (unless you are one of those that can just do carry on's LOL) Sure wish I could! With the luggage direct, you will already have your boarding pass.We were in the first group to disembark after those that self disembarked. Where do you fly into in SC? Even though we live in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, we use the airport in Charlotte. We try to get the US Air 1:40 PM non- stop flight to Charlotte when we do the R/T Seattle

Archived