Can I just say I feel robbed by X pricing!

lawgirl

I;m not sure this would help you, but I also believe they miss the boat on this and it would frustrate me. They would create much more good will to upgrade people who pay a lot early than they do to just fire sale expensive cabins. Upgrade the people who bought early and then fire sale the less expensive categories.

Psst...Here's the secret....They are trying to generate profits. They make more profit by selling (or up-selling) nice cabins then by giving them away. Good will is nice, but profits are the end goal.

Sometimes if I suspect a cruise may not sell especially well, I book the least expensive cabin that will satisfy me. Then I watch for price drops on better cabins. Even after final payment, if the price of a better cabin drops, I am typically able to pay the difference to upgrade. Sometimes that works and I sail in a better cabin for a nice price. Sometimes prices go up (not down), and I sail in my original, adequate cabin. Mind you, when I do see a price drop on a nice cabin, I grab it and mention it on my roll call so others might take advantage of an upgrade opportunity...sometimes somebody from the roll call does pay for an upgrade; many others would love a free upgrade, but will not pay for the better cabin. From my point of view, if I am ready to pay for an upgrade, I probably value the upgrade more than the person who wants a good-will, freebie upgrade.

Glad there is a bunch of you that are happy with TA's:) ... We always book early and have never (yet) had prices fall below our original rate....

Wow, I think you may be the only person who has never experienced a price drop or problems with the web site. If I was you I would buy a lottery ticket.

The ability to empathize is a very good thing--I am directing this not at Christine but at the long line of posters here who do not understand how someone could be feeling upset at such a huge difference in pricing.

Psst...Here's the secret....They are trying to generate profits. They make more profit by selling (or up-selling) nice cabins then by giving them away. Good will is nice, but profits are the end goal.

Sometimes if I suspect a cruise may not sell especially well, I book the least expensive cabin that will satisfy me. Then I watch for price drops on better cabins. Even after final payment, if the price of a better cabin drops, I am typically able to pay the difference to upgrade. Sometimes that works and I sail in a better cabin for a nice price. Sometimes prices go up (not down), and I sail in my original, adequate cabin. Mind you, when I do see a price drop on a nice cabin, I grab it and mention it on my roll call so others might take advantage of an upgrade opportunity...sometimes somebody from the roll call does pay for an upgrade; many others would love a free upgrade, but will not pay for the better cabin. From my point of view, if I am ready to pay for an upgrade, I probably value the upgrade more than the person who wants a good-will, freebie upgrade.

ditto! This is my typical strategy as well.

Wow, I think you may be the only person who has never experienced a price drop or problems with the web site. If I was you I would buy a lottery ticket.

Agreed.

She's got a bad case of Delusional Denial.

:eek:

Archived