"Bronze" Reflective balcony glass on Freedom

Feel better now? So sorry that you must be having an awful day, but I was very serious. Perhaps you have never cruised with a balcony, but they do have chairs on them that are for sitting and enjoying the view, not just the fresh air, certainly not to look back at yourself. Perhaps I should refer you back to the picture on page one from the very nice poster that posted it because he was proving a point that it is indeed an awful idea from his experience.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your 4th of July:rolleyes:

Dreamer, do you have an idea of which cabins on deck 9 have the bronze glass? I see 4 cabin numbers being referenced for deck 6 but they are not JS so I was wondering if on deck 9, is it 2 balcony cabins and one JS?

Feel better now? So sorry that you must be having an awful day, but I was very serious. Perhaps you have never cruised with a balcony, but they do have chairs on them that are for sitting and enjoying the view, not just the fresh air, certainly not to look back at yourself. Perhaps I should refer you back to the picture on page one from the very nice poster that posted it because he was proving a point that it is indeed an awful idea from his experience.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your 4th of July:rolleyes:

Actually I am having a fine day and don't have a problem communicating at all. You got my message loud and clear. I do not wish to associate with petty people like you who use boards like this to nit pick about whether or not your reflection is seen in the balcony glass while you eat your breakfast. It is apparent you would find something to complain about no matter what.

I enjoy the balcony for the water and frankly, the color of the balcony glass has no bearing on that enjoyment. I've been in both.

You may have a point however. I was checking out posts because of some future plans and noticed the petty nonsense tha in mentioned and the manner which some posters feel their opinions are the only ones to matter. One post I read today actually provided pertinant information. This is why when I read there is a group from Cruise Critic going on a particular cruise, I avaoid it like the plague. Between complaining about minor issues and trying to get something for free, many of the posters are exactly what can make a cruise a less enjoyable experience. Since I have no need to interact with your type, I have not been on ANY cruise I have not had a great time. But that is just me. I don't look for stupid, petty crap to complain about and don't waste my time trying to get a refund or future credit for something that can be chalked up to "Stuff happens."

You enjoy yourself too. I am sure you will find a really cheap cruise to go on an then rant about how your vacation was spoiled by a scratch on the bathroom wall. I'm happy....how bout you? :D:D:D:D:D

Actually I am having a fine day and don't have a problem communicating at all. You got my message loud and clear. I do not wish to associate with petty people like you who use boards like this to nit pick about whether or not your reflection is seen in the balcony glass while you eat your breakfast. It is apparent you would find something to complain about no matter what.

I enjoy the balcony for the water and frankly, the color of the balcony glass has no bearing on that enjoyment. I've been in both.

You may have a point however. I was checking out posts because of some future plans and noticed the petty nonsense tha in mentioned and the manner which some posters feel their opinions are the only ones to matter. One post I read today actually provided pertinant information. This is why when I read there is a group from Cruise Critic going on a particular cruise, I avaoid it like the plague. Between complaining about minor issues and trying to get something for free, many of the posters are exactly what can make a cruise a less enjoyable experience. Since I have no need to interact with your type, I have not been on ANY cruise I have not had a great time. But that is just me. I don't look for stupid, petty crap to complain about and don't waste my time trying to get a refund or future credit for something that can be chalked up to "Stuff happens."

You enjoy yourself too. I am sure you will find a really cheap cruise to go on an then rant about how your vacation was spoiled by a scratch on the bathroom wall. I'm happy....how bout you? :D:D:D:D:D

Oh my god - what an arrogant, horrible person you appear to be :-(

Dreamer, do you have an idea of which cabins on deck 9 have the bronze glass? I see 4 cabin numbers being referenced for deck 6 but they are not JS so I was wondering if on deck 9, is it 2 balcony cabins and one JS?

Actually, I'm not sure. After originally booking JS #9564, I decided to look into the matter of that reflective glass, which is why I originally posted this question. After I got my answer and saw that photo, I immediately searched the internet for a very clear picture of the side of the ship, so that I could count back the number of balconies and compare it to the deck plans, which I have. If you don't have them, they are available online with Royal. Anyway, I called and got our stateroom switched immediately to 9558, which is just forward of the "bronze strip". As an aside, several weeks later, while searching for available staterooms (they do come and go) I scored the mid-hump JS and am VERY happy.

Good luck with your search.

Actually, I'm not sure. After originally booking JS #9564, I decided to look into the matter of that reflective glass, which is why I originally posted this question. After I got my answer and saw that photo, I immediately searched the internet for a very clear picture of the side of the ship, so that I could count back the number of balconies and compare it to the deck plans, which I have. If you don't have them, they are available online with Royal. Anyway, I called and got our stateroom switched immediately to 9558, which is just forward of the "bronze strip". As an aside, several weeks later, while searching for available staterooms (they do come and go) I scored the mid-hump JS and am VERY happy.

That's great. Enjoy your hump :-)

I have done a lot of searching on these cabin numbers since I saw this thread pop up the other day. Some say 6 cabins, some 4. We just upgraded to 9258 and there were very few cabins to choose from. Of the 21 cabins I saw available, 16 of them were connecting, which I did not want. So, given the limited choices, we ended up with 9258.

I have seen some pictures from Indy that I thought showed it was a bronze glass cabin but I am going to go searching again.

I hope your counting of cabins is correct and 9558 is clear because then I will be too.:p Either way, it is really not that big of a deal to us, we got an awesome price. $999 for a JS doesn't come around very often so we will take it either way.

I tend to agree with MC with the majority of posters on this site being petty. I rarely get involved. Other legitamate complaints include things like people who use cologne as opposed to showering, people who leave balcony doors open to let fresh air in which make other air conditioning systems go haywire in surrounding cabins or doors slamming at 6:00 AM, anyone who leaves room service trays in halls, rude people waking up early and singing Karaoke in the hall with friends before leaving ship. I am not sure if you were serious about the wall scratch but someone actually complained about being on the toilet and noticing a scratch and how horrible that was. Yeah, petty. I don't let such things ruin my cruises either.

BTW, reflection is not ON both sides. Its a result of the angle of the sun. I have stayed in both and the reflection is dependant on the sun and time of day. I wonder if anyone has complained that the mirrors make them look fat.:p

IndependenceoftheSeas_0155_zps1a40414a.jpg

Hmmm, looks like we might be fine. This is 9558 on Indy so 9258 should be ok too.

Whew! I was in panic reading this thread because I'm in 8562 on Indy next February (and my party has 8560, 8556, 8554). I just called RCI and the agent had to put me on hold to figure out what I was on about. She says that they told her it is one way so the people in the whirlpool can't see in but we should be able to see out. I really hope that is the case. There's so few cabins left on our sailing I couldn't move without either moving very far away from my gang or upgrading to the tune of $600.

At least this picture puts me at ease. I booked the rooms for the gang, and some are newbies, so I feel a bit of responsibility to make sure they have the best time they can.

Archived