Junkanoo Beach Freeport

arone

Any experiences?

Cheapest way to get there from port?

Haven't been to the Beach club in a few years.. but it's a nice stretch of beach and a nice set up.

I think it's about $7pp via a van shuttle.

We usually end up here after regatta at Taino.. next door.

I found info on the one in Freeport and plan going there in November. My sister went in January and said taxi at port didn't want to take them there -wanted to take them to Lucaya because rest of his van /taxi was going there. Anyone else have problem with getting taxi to take them to this beach?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Haven't been to the Beach club in a few years.. but it's a nice stretch of beach and a nice set up.

I think it's about $7pp via a van shuttle.

We usually end up here after regatta at Taino.. next door.

whats regatta at Taino?

We did Paradise Cove this past week and had a great experience. It was quiet and not very crowded and the snorkeling was great. Next time I may pay the extra $5 to have them take me out to the reef by boat. It's a pretty long swim out!

I was with my friend at Junkanoo Beach (the one in Freeport) last July, and we loved it. It is a beautiful stretch of beach. There is a guy selling conch salad right on the beach, made right in front of you - smelled delicious but as it was too early for lunch, we didn't have any.

There were some very nice ladies selling beautiful handmade beaded bracelets for super cheap (I think I got 2 for $8) - great souvenirs and my friend back home loved the one I bought for her. They will measure fit them exactly to the size of your wrist or ankle. Also, there are some outdoor showers there and I believe some changing facilities. From the cruise port, I believe it was $8/pp one way? It is a long ride (20 minutes or so), so a cab ride in the States that long would be way more than that. Along the way, the taxi driver gave us a very nice history of that area of the Bahamas.

Overall, after being disappointed with the beach adjacent to Atlantis in Nassau, Junkanoo in Freeport was really terrific. We had such a nice, laid back morning there. Friendly people, nice little beach club, no complaints. Hope this helps.

Archived