Dress Code for Pinnacle Grill

kiwi_girl

I guess it is because I come from an area where an 'upscale' restaurant is not synonymous with formal dress, ie suit/tie etc. This is especially true on weekends when the business expense account crowd are not there for business reasons. You may see a sports jacket/slacks but very, very seldom will you ever see a dress shirt/tie.

I guess it is because I come from an area where an 'upscale' restaurant is not synonymous with formal dress, ie suit/tie etc. This is especially true on weekends when the business expense account crowd are not there for business reasons. You may see a sports jacket/slacks but very, very seldom will you ever see a dress shirt/tie.

I agree dress code in our everyday life is not what it used to be but we still dress 'more' when we go to Boston for dinner than we do at the suburban restaurants. DH rarely dines in Boston without a jacket though he does skip the tie sometimes. He used to wear suit and tie to all of the high end restaurants but that is long gone. :D

Agreed, and I believe that, based on my numerous business trips to the Boston area, that upscale Boston eateries/events (and some other Eastern locales) tend to be more formal than those in the west and west coast.

About the only people we ever see dressed in suit/tie at at upscale restaurant (other than people on business) are those celebrating their Golden Anniversary or a signficant senior birthday celebration. You can tell very quickly because they are typically surrounded by family dressed in much more casual attire.

Not sure we have any upscale restaurants in our part of Florida.

But if upscale means someplace where you can sit down to eat

and serves alcohol and not just beer then we do have one or two

around us.

Normal attire at these places is usually golf shirt and nice walking shorts with

my New Balance shoes. In other words we don't wear our plastic flip flops.

plaid shorts with knee socks and "old guys rule" t-shirts.

We usually don't frequent these upscale places too often because they

don't usually offer early bird specials with 2fer beers.

Archived