Departing NOLA specific? Can you CHECK soda's, waters?

grtwithntr

Regarding NCL departing out of New Orleans can you CHECK (not carry on) soda's or water without putting them in a piece of luggage? I'd like to just tape together a few 12 packs of soda and water and send them through the checked baggage process but have heard that in the past people have been denied?

If you have been denied please post when it happened.

If it wasn't a problem also please state when that happened.

This question is specific out of New Orleans and checking these items that are NOT packed in luggage.

Thanks for any recent info....

We've sailed several times out of NOLA. We were told by porters on the first sailing that if your water/soda are in luggage, no problem. If they are not, then you will have to carry on.

Since then we have always taken a foldable duffle bag that we use for boarding and simply fold up & pack into luggage for the trip home.

Pat

Take an extra suitcase and put the soda and water inside then tag with NCL luggage tag, the porters will take it and deliver to your cabin.

We have a soft side wheeled beverage cart that collapses and will hold 48 soda cans or 12 bottles of wine. If full of wine we roll it on the ship, if full of water or soda we check it with the porters. I have seen the similar cart on Amazon and at Dollar Generals stores.

We got off the Star yesterday, I asked the porter when checking in and he said we had to carry it on. BUT when he saw our priority (suite) luggage tags, he said he would take them. I tipped him quite generously. Maybe it was the suite tags, maybe cuz we arrived early in the day when it wasn't crazy busy (we were the 2nd ones to arrive), maybe he was judt being nive, or maybe tips talk but whatever it was, we were happy happy smiley smiley! :)

Archived