Vancouver Hotels-Help Please

Doing Whittier-Vancouver itinerary next year. Starting to do research now. Looking at the following hotels: Marriott Pinnacle, Hilton downtown, Crown Plaza Vancouver-Hotel Georgia. Any thoughts and comments on these hotels? Are they in good sections of town? Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. We will be using hotels post-cruise. Will take a cab to hotel to unload luggage. Once luggage is out of the way, would like to explore on foot.

There is NO Hilton in the downtown core. The only Hilton is in Burnaby near Metrotown (Metropolis) Centre. The Marriott is ok but is a time share based property and a former Delta property. It is the closest to the pier of the hotels that you have listed. The Crown Plaza is the old Hotel Georgia. Location is great for shopping as it is directly across from Pacific Centre and Robson Street is a quick and easy walk nearby. As for the hotel itself it isn`t the best nor the worst, an average property with a stellar location.

My personal favorites in our city:

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center - North Tower

Fairmont Waterfront

Opus Hotel (Yaletown)

Westin Grand

Fairmont YVR

Of the hotels CruiseYVR has recommended - I have only stayed at the Westin Grand when I go to Vancouver (I live in Victoria). I would recommend the Westin Grand - it's great. It is decorated in a contemporary style and the rooms are small suites with coffeepot, mircrowave, cutlery, small dishwasher etc - so you could have breakfasts, small meals or snacks in your room. It has "Heavenly Beds" (beds with duvets and triple sheets etc.) and large bathrooms - with a separate shower. You could find the website easily - it has pictures on it and it is pretty much as represented on the website.

I did have some friends from Wales that stayed in the Crowne Plaza when they were in Vancouver a couple of years ago, before they came to visit me. The Crowne Plaza is, as CruiseYVR states, the old Hotel Georgia. My friends found it "adequate" and had no complaints.

Hope this helps. :)

Shar

Thanks all for your observations. We were hoping to use some rewards points at one of the hotels mentioned for our post-cruise stay next year. Sounds like we should just bite the bullet and pay out of our pockets to ensure a more enjoyable ending to our cruise.

has been upgraded and must be fairly good quality as Cathay Pacific Airlines puts up their crews there - central location to everything - shopping - transit - art gallery across the street - restaurants galore - Hy steak house down the street - Robson street two blocks away.

Hope this helps

PS - lot's of discussion on Vancouver hotels on the Alaska boards.

Cheers

Dennis

has been upgraded and must be fairly good quality as Cathay Pacific Airlines puts up their crews there - central location to everything - shopping - transit - art gallery across the street - restaurants galore - Hy steak house down the street - Robson street two blocks away.

Hope this helps

PS - lot's of discussion on Vancouver hotels on the Alaska boards.

Cheers

Dennis

Found that post this afternoon. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

We've stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle a couple of times (not timeshare) and it is very nice. Service is excellent. It's close to Canada Place, but a little bit further from restaurants and shopping.

Crowne Plaza is older but, as UrbanTrekker says, has been refurbished and is very central and convenient to everything.

Just my 2cents.

Archived