Thrift rental in Honolulu

jeo_la

We will be arriving in Honolulu a couple of days before our cruise and plan to get a rental car from the airport , I see many people use the return place at Waikiki rather than taking the car back to the airport.

My questions are how far away is the cruise port from the rental car drop off can it be walked? And if not how hard is it to get a taxi from thrifty in Waikiki to the cruise port?

We will be arriving in Honolulu a couple of days before our cruise and plan to get a rental car from the airport , I see many people use the return place at Waikiki rather than taking the car back to the airport.

My questions are how far away is the cruise port from the rental car drop off can it be walked? And if not how hard is it to get a taxi from thrifty in Waikiki to the cruise port?

Last year at this time, we took a 15-day roundtip cruise from San Diego to Hawaii. I reserved a car (Mustang convertible) through Thrifty. When we debarked in Honolulu, we walked to a bus stop a few hundred feet from the ship, called Thrifty's airport location and they sent a van to pick us up and take us to the airport to get the car.

When we turned the car back in, they took us back to the ship at no charge. Really enjoyed using Thrifty in Honolulu, as well as in Maui. No better way to see the islands than from the seat of a Mustang convertible!

:cool: Bill

Last year at this time, we took a 15-day roundtip cruise from San Diego to Hawaii. I reserved a car (Mustang convertible) through Thrifty. When we debarked in Honolulu, we walked to a bus stop a few hundred feet from the ship, called Thrifty's airport location and they sent a van to pick us up and take us to the airport to get the car.

When we turned the car back in, they took us back to the ship at no charge. Really enjoyed using Thrifty in Honolulu, as well as in Maui. No better way to see the islands than from the seat of a Mustang convertible!

Bill,

What was the number you called to get picked up at the cruise terminal? I just called thrifty to get the phone number so I could call when I arrive at Aloha Towers on April 19, 2013. The person I talked to told me there was no number to call and I had to use the direct line at the baggage area.

Yet, I seem to remember calling from my cell a few years ago, but I don't remember the number. HELP!

Thanks,

Wes

Bill,

What was the number you called to get picked up at the cruise terminal? I just called thrifty to get the phone number so I could call when I arrive at Aloha Towers on April 19, 2013. The person I talked to told me there was no number to call and I had to use the direct line at the baggage area.

Yet, I seem to remember calling from my cell a few years ago, but I don't remember the number. HELP!

Thanks,

Wes

Here's the number that I called after stepping off the ship at the Aloha Towers Marketplace: (877) 283-0898

It took the van about 20-minutes to get there after calling. We waited at the bus stop across the street from the Marketplace.

Archived