How much Nickelodeon stuff is on the JEWEl for Alaska?

odyzander

We are used to DISNEY cruises with our kiddos. We have a 3,6, and 9 year old. I am very intrigued by the Nick cruise for Alaska vs the Disney.

How much in the way of activities and meet and greets are there on the Alaskan cruise? I can not seem to find much.

There is a $1200 price difference between the 2 for our family this summer. Both inside staterooms. Also that is is with us stacking codes for Disney. My concerns are will kids be entertained? I realize there are things like soda and longer club hours on Disney but I am struggling with $1200 worth.

Somebody please sell me on NCL Jewel!!

I'm a huge Norwegian Fan. My son is 9. We have never done Disney. His only other line was Carnival when he was 3 or 4. We are doing Alaska on the Jewel this May 18. When I return, I will post all kids dailies, but that doesn't really help you now. Keep in mind that NCL is currently offering a kids sail for 50% off sale. Don't know if your time is included, but worth a check.

There will be a Slime Time Live theater show. Generally 2 families are chosen as teams, then lots of audience participation with the games. Loads of fun. In the end one family gets slimed. There are also a couple pool side slimetime shows that last about 30 minutes. Kids and adults are asked to participate. Again great fun. There will be a character breakfast (this costs extra pp) We did it once a couple years ago and once was enough. They will also have times where characters will be in a designated location for a meet and greet time.

In the kids club, they now have a circus theme. At the end of the week, there is generally a Circus Show that the kids participate in. Again this is very entertaining to watch.

There are many family activities also: cupcake decorating, pizza making, lego building, family circus activity times, family sports type things like dodge ball and basketball.

Norwegian does a nice job with the kids program. The 6 and 9 y/o will be in the same age program. The 3 y/o will be in a different one. 10-12 is the next age range, then 13-17. One thing that Norwegian has changed recently is the kids club will be closed from 12-2 and 5-7 each sea day. They need to make sure parents feed their kids. evidently many families were taking advantage and dropping kids on sea days at 9am and not picking them up till 10:30pm.

Hope some of this info helped

We did the Jewel to Alaska last year. I liked the Nick things but it was really not the theme of the cruise. Most Nick activities were not in the kids club but you went to them as a family and they were good photo ops. Once in a while you saw Dora or a character around the ship.

The kids club is good on its own but my kids aren't too big on going there.

You will have no regrets if you pick this trip on NCL

Archived