Luxury cruise and a toddler

eleang

Would that the parents of toddlers show empathy for those people who do not want to be around their kids in the same way as you expect us to show empathy for them. Raising a kid today does not require taking him on a luxury cruise to satisfy one's own desires imo.

Would that the parents of toddlers show empathy for those people who do not want to be around their kids in the same way as you expect us to show empathy for them. Raising a kid today does not require taking him on a luxury cruise to satisfy one's own desires imo.

In reading Lerin's post, it appears they've decided to sail Carnival & HAL instead of taking a luxury cruise. So, it seems they ARE showing empathy for their little one & for other cruisers by choosing cruises that are more suitable for their family. The parents of young children on this thread posted here to get insight from & share thoughts with other luxury cruisers about children on luxury lines.

I think we got the message. Loud & clear.

I said nothing about being unfit.....

But 'can't wait until this next decade is over so we can return to luxury cruising', does not indicate that these are simply parents needing a break from a busy and exhausting toddler.....but rather a great imposition on their priorities...taking valuable time away from their finer pursuits.

Simply can't imagine publicly stating that you wish those precious years of child-rearing would be over so you, oh never mind. I found the post sad, depressing. I might have chosen better words to use, and wish the poster had as well.

I seriously doubt if the OP is still reading this thread as it is several months old. The comments made on this thread show very clearly that luxury cruise passengers are not interested in coping with children if they are disruptive in any way (splashing in the pool, making noise, crying, running around the ship, pressing all the buttons on the elevator, etc.) I agree with these posters.

School age children work all year in school - homework, etc. and certainly deserve a vacation when they can be themselves and not having to act like little adults (and still have adults give them dirty looks). IMO, taking children on a luxury cruise line is selfish (as has been mentioned previously).

If you want to take a luxury cruise so badly, let your child go to a camp for a couple of weeks - something they will enjoy while you cruise. For little ones, spending time with their grandparents is much better than being on a luxury cruise. If you want a family experience, choose something that the entire family will enjoy. There are many cruise lines that fit this category.

School age children work all year in school - homework, etc. and certainly deserve a vacation when they can be themselves and not having to act like little adults (and still have adults give them dirty looks).

I agree! Our children are school age & are so excited about sailing on Disney Dream in the spring! And their father & I eagerly look forward to our kid-free sailing on Silver Sprit in December.

This thread may be months old, but it was very enlightening.

School age children work all year in school - homework, etc. and certainly deserve a vacation when they can be themselves and not having to act like little adults (and still have adults give them dirty looks).

I agree! Our children are school age & are so excited about sailing on Disney Dream in the spring! And their father & I eagerly look forward to our kid-free sailing on Silver Sprit in December.

This thread may be months old, but it was very enlightening.

So happy to hear that you will be sailing with your children on the Disney Dream. IMO, Disney cruises are wonderful. Hope your kid-free sailing on the Silver Spirit is wonderful:-)

Archived