Cruising out of Port of Miami

wework2play

I'm not new at cruising, but I've never been to Miami port. When is a good time to arrive at the cruise terminal? I am taking my 4 year old and i'm worried about him getting quite bored and cranky if we have to wait for hours.

Also, we are parking at the port..how far of a walk is the parking from the terminal. My mother in law is disabled and I'm wondering if we need to plan ahead here.

I'm not new at cruising, but I've never been to Miami port. When is a good time to arrive at the cruise terminal? I am taking my 4 year old and i'm worried about him getting quite bored and cranky if we have to wait for hours.

Also, we are parking at the port..how far of a walk is the parking from the terminal. My mother in law is disabled and I'm wondering if we need to plan ahead here.

If your mother in law has a valid disabled parking permit then your parking is free at the port. She'll have to be in the car with you with her permit when you get to the garage. I've never had problems parking close to an elevator or across from the terminal, I usually get there around 1030 or 11, and is not too long of a walk for my wife who is also disabled.

I don't remember when we arrived but the parking lot is right there. The embarkation process was so pleasant, quick and easy. Getting there on a Saturday morning was a piece of cake, as the downtown area was empty.

Great advice ;), Only thing I would like to mention is if your planning on using a GPS getting to the port make sure its updated as the roads have changed in the past few years and there rather tricky.

I used an updated verizion navigator as well as a Garmin and it still lead us wrong. Don't worry you'll get there but you may have to back track :D.

i dont think i would arrive'at 10:30 with a bored 4 year old...but he may be caught up in the excitment of going on the big boat. we arrived about noon- going through the process of going through security and getting through check in, getting your cards. sitting and eating on the lido buffet probably within an hours time.

i dont think i would arrive'at 10:30 with a bored 4 year old...but he may be caught up in the excitment of going on the big boat. we arrived about noon- going through the process of going through security and getting through check in, getting your cards. sitting and eating on the lido buffet probably within an hours time.

Archived