Allure Wedding May 12 2013

Fldogmassage, Its Tues. night, and all I can think about is to write on the board to tell you we went to get our marriage license today! Almost the 30 day mark for mine! I think I am getting nervous for you! My stomach is in knots and I'm getting excited! Its too early for me to be getting this excited for mine. My niece said she is going to go on an excursion where she will tour a perfume factory and the company will make a signature personal perfume for her. Wow! I hope you have a wonderful time on your wedding day and enjoy every moment, don't sweat the small stuff, and have an awesome time on your cruise! Remember I am next and I need lots of tips and help since I am a newbee! Don't forget us after you come back home!!

Fldogmassage, Its Tues. night, and all I can think about is to write on the board to tell you we went to get our marriage license today! Almost the 30 day mark for mine! I think I am getting nervous for you! My stomach is in knots and I'm getting excited! Its too early for me to be getting this excited for mine. My niece said she is going to go on an excursion where she will tour a perfume factory and the company will make a signature personal perfume for her. Wow! I hope you have a wonderful time on your wedding day and enjoy every moment, don't sweat the small stuff, and have an awesome time on your cruise! Remember I am next and I need lots of tips and help since I am a newbee! Don't forget us after you come back home!!

Thank you. I will not forgot you! My phone number is in my signature of my email, so if you need anything call me. It has been so wonderful that we met on the boards and started emailing. You are my email friend :-) and we will continue to talk after our weddings:)

Today I received a call from the wedding coordinator who works for the company who actually does the on board wedding. She was awesome. She went over every detail of the day from when we get to the port until the guest leave. Went over my selections for everything. It was great.

Tomorrow is my last day to work and fri starts all the wedding stuff. Family already started arriving to Fl today.

Thank you all for your support. Wishing you all Congrats on your weddings.

Today I received a call from the wedding coordinator who works for the company who actually does the on board wedding. She was awesome. She went over every detail of the day from when we get to the port until the guest leave. Went over my selections for everything. It was great.

Tomorrow is my last day to work and fri starts all the wedding stuff. Family already started arriving to Fl today.

Thank you all for your support. Wishing you all Congrats on your weddings.

Thats great news. What was her name? I wonder if it was the same person we had. We had Anna and she was wonderful.

Edited by kamusta1

Hopefully you can enjoy the frenzy! I bought my lipstick today for my wedding. Less than 30 days now, decided to order last oot stuff today, OUT OF STOCK....WHAT.......NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT....!!!!! :( Wishing I was a fly on the wall that could watch the frenzy and enjoy the wonderful events with you! Blessing your way!!!!

JUST BREATHE!!.........Take each step.....forget the nervousness...... Look into your parents eyes.......your family's eyes.......your soon to be husband's eyes......you want to make sure you SEE everything, not just the blurr it sometimes becomes.

Did anyone watch the Allure web cam or port everglades web cam as Allure left for the sea??? I have been traveling and setting up for International Science Fair with my students so I did not get to see it launch, but I am on the promanade deck web cam, hoping to see a glimplse of a bride!!!! Not sure if FLDOG will still be in her dress, but I plan on wearing mine the entire night! You are married FLDOG!!!! Hope it was all you expected and so much more!!!:) Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!;) We will hear from you when you get back. Details my dear.....details.....Well, not ALL the details!:D

I am back and need to get my bearings I will write lots of details in the next couple of days.

I will say it was amazing and I wore my dress up until dinner. I wish I kept it on at dinner but thought I wanted to get more comfy and then regretted it.

Sunday may 12

We woke up at 6:30 to start the day. I actually felt calm. Jessica who was coming to do my hair and make up texted and said she would be at my house at 7. We had planned on 7:30. Thank goodness she came early. It took 2 hours and I was not getting nervous or feeling rushed. Where as if she came at 7:30 I would have.

Sam had an appointment at 8 for a shave and that also got him home in time. He had his hair cut on Wed.

9:30am his parents arrive, my sister had spent the night at my house to help me in the morning and his grandparents also meet us at the house to follow to the pier. So at 9:30 we loaded up the car and it took all 3 cars with all the stuff we had. We had my dress, garment bag with his suit. My sisters made of honor dress, 2 suitcases that we would give the porters, 1 small overhead type suitcase with day of essentials, my beach bag with more essentials, a 6 pack of sports bottle water, a HUGE duffle bag with the gifts for guest and a backpack with wedding items. I don't think I'm forgetting any thing. I have to say take as little as possible. I am really glad I did not have an isle runner to worry about or a million other wedding items. I had the sand for the sand ceremony. The bride and groom cake toppers and instead of a guest book I had a serving dish that everyone signs and we can use now.

We got at the pier at 10:30. Guest from the previous cruise were still coming off the ship. We found the porters gave them our two bags and then outside was the coordinator with the sign reading Lamonica Garcia wedding. She was great!!! She took our non sailing guest in thru one entrance and we went in thru security. There were only a few other people there at that time. They did have to check our bags. The sand looked funny. They checked our wine and we had a steamer. The person looking at our bag said she was going to take it and we would be able to go pick it up on board but the security guard with her said let her take it she will need it for the wedding. Luckily we did not need it but I thought we might so I was great-full.

No problem with the dress thru the conveyer belt it was quick and we grabbed it and it was fine.

The wedding coordinator met us on the other side of security.

We then proceeded to the check in counter where they give you your sea pass card and the WC took us up to the sittings area. On the way if you want your first photo this is where you do it. She took us to the suit guest area. Soon after our non sailing guest were brought to the area right next to us and we could walk back and forth. By this time I don't think it was even 11 yet.

11:15 came and I was getting anxious. This was the time I was hoping to board but the ship did not clear til 11:45. First they took the B2B cruisers and then the suit guest which included us. So we were one of the first say 20 to get on. We were told once we boarded to wait at guest service. The WC goes on with the non sailing guest and meets us there. The WC does not stay on the ship after the ceremony so I imagine they have to enter that way too. We do have a wedding person on board who we speak with if we need anything.

Oh and while we were waiting in the suit area the wedding officiant came over and went over the whole day and what happens. Went over the ceremony to see if there was anything we wanted to add or did not want. Once we were on board is when they took all our wedding stuff including the license.

The computer was down where the non sailing guest come in so it took a while for them to board. It was around 12:15 or just after when the WC came to take us to our room. We got there and Sam started to get dressed and then the rest of our wedding party was brought over. The guys dressed and were told to go straight to the chapel. Then the girls got dressed

A little before 1 we got the call the WC was coming to get me. (Btw for us it was a long walk. I wore my wedding flip flops and put my shoes on when we got to the chapel)

As we were walking down the corridor my sister remembered my veil was still in the room so she ran back and got it. Then we got to the chapel and I remembered my vows were in the room.holly cow I freaked. We were about to start the service. My Niece who is young and cruised the oasis a few times I had run to go get them. But man it took a good 15 min If not longer. Everyone else said it was no more than 10. So I am not sure. I was a mess at this point. I felt horrible for holding up my own wedding.

More tomorrow....

Sunday may 12

We woke up at 6:30 to start the day. I actually felt calm. Jessica who was coming to do my hair and make up texted and said she would be at my house at 7. We had planned on 7:30. Thank goodness she came early. It took 2 hours and I was not getting nervous or feeling rushed. Where as if she came at 7:30 I would have.

Sam had an appointment at 8 for a shave and that also got him home in time. He had his hair cut on Wed.

9:30am his parents arrive, my sister had spent the night at my house to help me in the morning and his grandparents also meet us at the house to follow to the pier. So at 9:30 we loaded up the car and it took all 3 cars with all the stuff we had. We had my dress, garment bag with his suit. My sisters made of honor dress, 2 suitcases that we would give the porters, 1 small overhead type suitcase with day of essentials, my beach bag with more essentials, a 6 pack of sports bottle water, a HUGE duffle bag with the gifts for guest and a backpack with wedding items. I don't think I'm forgetting any thing. I have to say take as little as possible. I am really glad I did not have an isle runner to worry about or a million other wedding items. I had the sand for the sand ceremony. The bride and groom cake toppers and instead of a guest book I had a serving dish that everyone signs and we can use now.

We got at the pier at 10:30. Guest from the previous cruise were still coming off the ship. We found the porters gave them our two bags and then outside was the coordinator with the sign reading Lamonica Garcia wedding. She was great!!! She took our non sailing guest in thru one entrance and we went in thru security. There were only a few other people there at that time. They did have to check our bags. The sand looked funny. They checked our wine and we had a steamer. The person looking at our bag said she was going to take it and we would be able to go pick it up on board but the security guard with her said let her take it she will need it for the wedding. Luckily we did not need it but I thought we might so I was great-full.

No problem with the dress thru the conveyer belt it was quick and we grabbed it and it was fine.

The wedding coordinator met us on the other side of security.

We then proceeded to the check in counter where they give you your sea pass card and the WC took us up to the sittings area. On the way if you want your first photo this is where you do it. She took us to the suit guest area. Soon after our non sailing guest were brought to the area right next to us and we could walk back and forth. By this time I don't think it was even 11 yet.

11:15 came and I was getting anxious. This was the time I was hoping to board but the ship did not clear til 11:45. First they took the B2B cruisers and then the suit guest which included us. So we were one of the first say 20 to get on. We were told once we boarded to wait at guest service. The WC goes on with the non sailing guest and meets us there. The WC does not stay on the ship after the ceremony so I imagine they have to enter that way too. We do have a wedding person on board who we speak with if we need anything.

Oh and while we were waiting in the suit area the wedding officiant came over and went over the whole day and what happens. Went over the ceremony to see if there was anything we wanted to add or did not want. Once we were on board is when they took all our wedding stuff including the license.

The computer was down where the non sailing guest come in so it took a while for them to board. It was around 12:15 or just after when the WC came to take us to our room. We got there and Sam started to get dressed and then the rest of our wedding party was brought over. The guys dressed and were told to go straight to the chapel. Then the girls got dressed

A little before 1 we got the call the WC was coming to get me. (Btw for us it was a long walk. I wore my wedding flip flops and put my shoes on when we got to the chapel)

As we were walking down the corridor my sister remembered my veil was still in the room so she ran back and got it. Then we got to the chapel and I remembered my vows were in the room.holly cow I freaked. We were about to start the service. My Niece who is young and cruised the oasis a few times I had run to go get them. But man it took a good 15 min If not longer. Everyone else said it was no more than 10. So I am not sure. I was a mess at this point. I felt horrible for holding up my own wedding.

More tomorrow....

This is like a soap opera! I'm in suspense waiting for the next part!

So glad to hear that your wedding went well! Can't wait to read the rest!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This is like a soap opera! I'm in suspense waiting for the next part!

So glad to hear that your wedding went well! Can't wait to read the rest!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, that is the best complement:)

The ceremony was perfect. When we were talking about the vows earlier she did mention a closing prayer and I wish I had her take that out. It made it seem religious as we also had a bible quote at that start which was good. But the end one was too much. Especially with a half Jewish family.

They had the chairs facing the window. Even with us facing the port it was just how I wanted it. I do not even remember walking down the aisle. Later in the week we went back tio the chapel and it was such an amazing feeling to be there just the two of us. We took pictures and reminiscenced. (how ever you spell that word)

We had the sand ceremony.

Sorry there is not a lot to tell about the actual ceremony. We were in the chapel and had 26 people including us. I think it holds 50something people.

Next up the reception....

After the ceremony I told the photographer I did not want to be a way from the reception long. We went into the Viking lounge and took a few pictures with just us and with the wedding party and quickly hurried back.

When we entered the reception I do not remember if we were announced or not but that is when the music started and we had our first dance. No one started eating til we got there but they did have drinks. Also I believe the reception was about 45 min from when we got there til guest were told they would need to start their departure(2:45). We never would have had time for a two hour reception. Even if I had not forgotten items in my room.

The reception was beautiful. Everything was perfect. We spent $150 for the music hook up and used our iPod. We had our first dance and while I danced with my dad I called all the dads and daughters out. But other than that no one danced. I think part of it was because it was so short they spent the whole time eating. In the pinnacle lounge there were no sit down tables so people were at chairs with coffee tables. If you can picture that.

We did the cake cutting but no other traditional stuff such as bouquet toss. I swore I was going to eat at my reception and only had a few bites. It really does go quick.

They told me the guest would be needing to leave and we did one last group photo before they headed out.

After everyone left the photographer offered to go around the ship and take pictures. I was not expecting this and wish I would have asked for pictured by the pool and with water behind us. But he took us to Central Park. We then had reservations to view our pics on Tuesday at 12. The only thing that annoyed me. There was a sign on the door that said private viewing taking place but people still walked in and he stopped to speak with them. He should have taken their room number and called them back and given us the attention with out being disturbed.

We purchased the smallest package. $499 for 30 - 5X7 and 5- 8X10. You could not purchase individual pics. I do not remember the prices from their. But again ours was the least expensive.

Everything was perfect. The on board staff amazing. The day went soooo fast. I would not have changed a thing. Yes I would do this again. I think it was perfect for what I was looking for. I wish I could have had a two hour reception and spent more time with people. I wish they could have looked around the ship but they kept everyone in the chapel. Some how my dad did escape to look for coffee.

I did everything minimal and I would not have changed that either.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Hey!

Ok!

1) if you ad the money or time to save would you have paid for the second hour?

2) did you assign someone for the music?

3) what was the timeline? When did the wedding start?

4) personal opinion we have paid for a rehearsal dinner which would essentially be for speeches and other wedding stuff do u think this makes up for the 2nd hour?

5) did you get flowers?

6) pictures........

7) did you use RCCL wedding vows?

8) thank you!

Lightskingal, my hotel said they would let me use the breakfest room for free and I could bring the catered food from any local restaurant in as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. I have about 33 people booked in the hotel, that may be why they are so accommondating. Anyone reading this thread, when you are looking for hotels to book for your day before the wedding cruise, get lots of quotes, pick your criteria for what you want for your guests, price points you are willing to live with according to your guest population, and then choose one that is right for you. Can't say whether my hotel is perfect yet. Will know when I get back from the my cruise after June 16th. Its getting close Fldogmassage!!!! I can't believe your wedding has past and mine is almost here! We have come along way haven't we!!!

OH, one more thing! Your posting rocks!!!! I am getting excited. I wish I had read it before I had to send in my finalization! I asked for a 2 hour reception. Perhaps if I PAY for it, IT WILL HAPPEN! We timed how long it takes my friends to get me into my corrsetted gown, 20 MINUTES! Maybe we can practice and cut that down some! So, I the timeline is very important. Hopefully, when I talk with my girl she can reassure me of the time of events so I get more time with guests. Can you suggest picture places now that you have gone around and said "I wish"? I know I want water behind me.

Hey CCSI

Maybe my posting was confussing. I have my hotel and they are letting me use a room for free because i booked 60 guest in their hotel they are catering a light meal for everyone for around 700 dollars. I was more so wondering if FLDOG and yourself soon! Would feel as though this is sufficient for guests instead of paying for the 2nd hour on the cruise ship in terms of spending time with each other and what not. I just am not sure if we think the 2nd hour is worth the price. In this rehearsal dinner we are going to do speeches and stuff like that.

Thanks for your great tips!

megan

Hey!

Ok!

1) if you ad the money or time to save would you have paid for the second hour?

2) did you assign someone for the music?

3) what was the timeline? When did the wedding start?

4) personal opinion we have paid for a rehearsal dinner which would essentially be for speeches and other wedding stuff do u think this makes up for the 2nd hour?

5) did you get flowers?

6) pictures........

7) did you use RCCL wedding vows?

8) thank you!

1) if I knew I would have had the time for the second hour I would have had it and wish I did. But as it turned out we ran out of time for the first hour.

2)We did not assign some one. The WC started the music for us when we came in and I believe they had house music up until we entered.

3)I was so anxious I do not have exact times. We started the wedding at 1:30 or just after or just before. and the reception started around 2 with guest escorted off the ship at 2:45. We had planned to start at 1 and were told if were ready at 12:30 since there was not a wedding before us we could start early but that was not happening.

4) I am really glad we had the rehearsal dinner. I dont think it makes up for the second hour but it allowed us to spend more time with our family.

5)I got 5 white stem roses, a boutonniere(sp??) that came with the wedding and aid extra for the flower girl roses.

6)I will try and up load pics, I did last email and did something wrong

7)We did dr suess vows combined with their vows. It was the best!!!!!