Allure Wedding May 12 2013

Well, mine is over with. :(

Had beautiful weather that day. Ceremony in the chapel (we both cried through most of it HAHA), reception in Dazzles. Everyone loved the wedding and couldn't say enough about our choice in doing it that way.

For the most part, I had a very positive experience overall with the process. The photographer did a great job with photos (i bought the entire cd and highly suggest anyone do the same) and the people they hired for the ceremony and wedding planning the day of were great. A little bit of hassle and confusion the morning of, but honestly nothing major to speak of really. Only that nobody came to get us to bring us on board LOL. Our planner had already boarded with our non-sailing guests and apparently nobody ever thought to tell us to come in. Finally one of my non sailing guests texted me asking where we were so i said we'd not been taken in, and then we were told to get ourselves on LOL.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Also you can email... ariawoman AT gmail DOT com

I had a great experience with Hair and Makeup I Do as well for the mobile hair/makeup at my hotel.

I would highly recommend also that ANY bride arrange to have a camera wave if you're going out of FLL for your wedding day cruise. We were given a ton of camera time by Lou and the folks at the port everglades webcam. It's a video I'll have to add to the collection of memories from that day.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, mine is over with. :(

Had beautiful weather that day. Ceremony in the chapel (we both cried through most of it HAHA), reception in Dazzles. Everyone loved the wedding and couldn't say enough about our choice in doing it that way.

For the most part, I had a very positive experience overall with the process. The photographer did a great job with photos (i bought the entire cd and highly suggest anyone do the same) and the people they hired for the ceremony and wedding planning the day of were great. A little bit of hassle and confusion the morning of, but honestly nothing major to speak of really. Only that nobody came to get us to bring us on board LOL. Our planner had already boarded with our non-sailing guests and apparently nobody ever thought to tell us to come in. Finally one of my non sailing guests texted me asking where we were so i said we'd not been taken in, and then we were told to get ourselves on LOL.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Also you can email... ariawoman AT gmail DOT com

I had a great experience with Hair and Makeup I Do as well for the mobile hair/makeup at my hotel.

I would highly recommend also that ANY bride arrange to have a camera wave if you're going out of FLL for your wedding day cruise. We were given a ton of camera time by Lou and the folks at the port everglades webcam. It's a video I'll have to add to the collection of memories from that day.

Did u use the Picture This! Photographers or the ones included in your package? Do u mind sharing some photos? I'm getting married aboard the Allure on 05/23/14 and I'm really nervous about the quality of the photographers aboard. I'm so happy your day was wonderful and I hope married life is treating you well!

I was married in the Chapel and my guests waited for the wedding in the pinnacle and the chapel. I think Fldogmassage had her reception in the Pinnacle. Her reception was only one hour, mine was a two hour and they set it up at Dazzles. My photographer was so awesome I ended up purchasing the entire CD instead of a few photos. I personally like having the copyright on my wedding pictures and being able to get as many and as large a photo of any photo I want. Just some suggestions.

So happy you had a wonderful day! I can't imagine the wedding planners loosing you! How can they get your guests on board but not the bride and groom! I was in their face the entire time, worrying about the timeline for the wedding/reception since I had paid for a two hour reception and getting us on board was a problem that day.

I do not know what a camera wave is at all! How does that work?

Do you have a place where we can see your pics?

I was married in the Chapel and my guests waited for the wedding in the pinnacle and the chapel. I think Fldogmassage had her reception in the Pinnacle. Her reception was only one hour, mine was a two hour and they set it up at Dazzles. My photographer was so awesome I ended up purchasing the entire CD instead of a few photos. I personally like having the copyright on my wedding pictures and being able to get as many and as large a photo of any photo I want. Just some suggestions.

I really think I will want electronic copies of my photos too! Did you use the photographer provided with the package or one through the Picture This! Studio? Thanks so much for the suggestion! I am so lost with this photography thing!

• 1 month later...
Did u use the Picture This! Photographers or the ones included in your package? Do u mind sharing some photos? I'm getting married aboard the Allure on 05/23/14 and I'm really nervous about the quality of the photographers aboard. I'm so happy your day was wonderful and I hope married life is treating you well!

My apologies - i really need to subscribe to this thread so I know when someone asks a question!

Yes, I used the ships photographers, and she did a great job. Let me see if i can post a few photos...

MAC_0141-29.jpg

MAC_0182-49.jpg

MAC_0212-64.jpg

MAC_0235-74.jpg

MAC_0452-151.jpg

Hope that gives you a taste!

I did use them, and honestly they did a great job. We aren't photogenic people LOL. We got the package that included a digital cd with all the photos, we got no physical copies from them. They gave us the disc in a very nice case. We also got a frame but i dont remember if that was part of the package or part of the wedding "gift" our friends had delivered to the cabin where the cabin was decorated and we got champagne and such. It was nice.

If anyone has questions feel free to reach out - i always seem to forget about this particular board since it's over - but I'm always around! :-)

I don't remember or don't think I ever knew a specific name of the company. Did you get a call from them already?? You should have someone's name soon and their cell phone number.

I believe the company was Kreative Drive that did the actual planning/ceremony officiating. That was the last set of people I dealt with before tying the knot on the Oasis. :-) I dealt with Ana by phone/email however the day of I didn't have her on the wedding date. My 2 girls were very good though (aside from the fact that they forgot to bring me and my guests onto the ship who were sailing lol).

I had a few minor issues but overall, it was great. I'm definitely glad I chose a cruise wedding. I couldn't really see myself doing it any other way. And let me tell you, the attention you get on board that day in your dress.....you'll feel like an absolute princess/queen.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the help. I am booking my wedding through royal romance for the Independence of the Seas May 17th 2015. I just found out that they require the entire balance up front. I am hoping that they do a wonderful job and I know that there are many brides that go carnival, but I really want to be on Royal Caribbean. I'm reading the reviews and they all sound wonderful I just thought that $3000 to $4000 dollars is a lot for a ceremony only. Was it worth it to you?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

3k is a lot for a ceremony but, what you have to ask yourself is, do you really want to get married on a cruise ship? if you do, well then, you pay the 3k. I couldn't tell you how much a traditional ceremony/flowers/minister would cost to be honest so I dont know how it fared in that respect.

To me, the whole thing was worth it because I couldn't picture myself having a traditional wedding on land. Just wasn't for us. Cruising has become our "thing" and a big part of who I've become since meeting my now husband.

People think doing it this way is the cheaper way...it really isn't necessarily that much cheaper. Depends on the size of your wedding. Mine was small, so I kept costs just under 10k for the whole thing, but honestly - it adds up quickly.

I do have some aspects I'd change - like I wouldn't hire their DJ - not worth the very large expense (I think it was 750-850).

I can't speak to Carnival. Never sailed them....likely won't. I stick with RCCL/X.

Anything else, feel free to ask!

That's a big help in an of itself. We are coming in from Colorado. My soon to be hubby has never been on a cruise, but always wanted to. The prices were about the same out there for the wedding, so we thought we'd do it on the cruise with our closest family and friends.

I'm not a carnival woman either - never have been. :D

But I've just called our TA about the whole process and I'm hoping she will be able to help out a bit too.

When you have the wedding on the day of....do they take everyone for Priority Boarding that is bridal party and guests?

That's a big help in an of itself. We are coming in from Colorado. My soon to be hubby has never been on a cruise, but always wanted to. The prices were about the same out there for the wedding, so we thought we'd do it on the cruise with our closest family and friends.

I'm not a carnival woman either - never have been. :D

But I've just called our TA about the whole process and I'm hoping she will be able to help out a bit too.

When you have the wedding on the day of....do they take everyone for Priority Boarding that is bridal party and guests?

Your TA can only help with the group space part of it all. (Cabins and such). TA can't help with anything Royal Romance, that'll be all you. So the ceremony and reception planning will be all between you and RR. I am a TA myself, and well, I never acted as one when speaking with RR.

I had my wedding the day of embarkation. Non-sailing guests are brought on in 1 group and sailing guests in the other. They converge in your ceremony space. :-) There really was no such thing as being boarded with priority - as my wedding guests and myself didn't get on until a lot of others were called (handicapped, suite guests, and some others all went before we did). I am Platinum on RCCL. Everyone will sit together in the terminal though (sailing/nonsailing) and the planners will handle getting on the non-sailing and the sailing (or in my case - they never came for the sailing and I ended up getting us on after arguing with someone that the non-sailing guests were with 1 planner and that planner was telling her to tell us to come on board. It was a bit of a miscommunication but....go with the flow and your day won't be ruined.

When I got on board the cabin i was to get dressed in wasn't prioritized as it was supposed to be either - so i had to fight with the cabin steward. So - there are things that could have been handled better but did they ruin my day? No...

Ok, all of this is great to know. So the bride and groom will see each other before the wedding? Do we get dressed together? That sounds crazy!!

Not necessarily. We had them keep the groom separate. He was in another side of the terminal (fort lauderdale) and had a few people with him. I had the guests and all my family.

You have 2 cabins prioritized for the getting ready. My cabin was used for my husband to get ready and my mom's cabin was used for me, my mom to get dressed. My girls were already dressed from the hotel.

Hair and makeup all has to be done before you go to the terminal. It looks funny as h*ll to be in shorts/tshirt and bridal hair and makeup lol. I actually had my embarkation photo taken with the boxes of wedding favors and my friend who helped us get them on board LOL. Most ridiculous embarkation photo ever. 1499566_10151825340782984_1497608076_n.jpg

I should note that NOT seeing him the day of the wedding was definitely not an easy task - but it CAN be done. They just need to know up front. They'll have your groom get there first, check in, and will take him to the handicapped side of the terminal (at least for me) which is up the escalator and to the right. I was then brought to the terminal (by my family) with my gown and the favors, and I had a friend meet us out front so I could deal with getting it all through security (your dress has to be scanned as do all the favors). The boxes we brought didn't fit through the scanners - so they had to unbox them and it messed them up a bit but not too bad. I was taken upstairs but then immediately taken to the left. I never saw him until I was walking down the aisle and we were both bawling LOL

so, I'm about to cry! How sweet. I just don't want to see him. Sounds harsh huh? So we have to designate two of our rooms? Or do they have 2 rooms to get dressed in? Sorry I have a ton of questions! Hopefully they will come in small spurts and not all at once.

You tell them the 2 cabin numbers, they don't provide them.

I didn't want to see mine either - it was actually one thing that was very important to us. We kept in tradition. Got separate hotel rooms the night before. It wasn't about seeing HIM, it was about him seeing ME. I didn't want him to see me. I did see him out my hotel window getting into the shuttle - but he was in jeans and a shirt. I had previously seen him in his tux as I helped him pick it lol. I Just didn't want the dress revealed until he saw me, plus he'd never seen me in so much makeup or false lashes as I dont really partake too much in that. :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married on the Allure in 3 weeks time.... we board the ship on 27th April and have been told that we are getting married on Friday 2nd May at 3pm... we are getting married at sea by the Captain... we are both just so looking forward to THE most relaxed wedding ever...

Ive had my final fittings for my dress... its just perfect and I cant wait to wear it for longer than the timings of my fittings!!

My fiancé is going to get so much attention aswell as we are both from Scotland and he is wearing a kilt... cant wait to see him in it!!

Not long to go now!!

Ill answer any questions that I can on how I arranged our wedding onboard as I know I asked 10,000 questions on this board when we first booked our wedding.

Speak to you all soon

Joanne

x

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married on the Allure in 3 weeks time.... we board the ship on 27th April and have been told that we are getting married on Friday 2nd May at 3pm... we are getting married at sea by the Captain... we are both just so looking forward to THE most relaxed wedding ever...

Ive had my final fittings for my dress... its just perfect and I cant wait to wear it for longer than the timings of my fittings!!

My fiancé is going to get so much attention aswell as we are both from Scotland and he is wearing a kilt... cant wait to see him in it!!

Not long to go now!!

Ill answer any questions that I can on how I arranged our wedding onboard as I know I asked 10,000 questions on this board when we first booked our wedding.

Speak to you all soon

Joanne

x

I would be most interested in hearing about the details you have of being married at sea. We will be on the Quantum in March doing the same thing. It is relatively new so there are not very many reports on it yet.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Ladies,

Not long to go now!!

Speak to you all soon

Joanne

x

Hi JoJot

I am getting married on Allure Feb 1 2015, anything you can share with me would be appreciated! did you have the ceremony in the chapel, and where was your reception? I'm so glad to hear you had a 3pm ceremony time as that is what I requested. We are holding our reception at 6pm so thought that was the best time! Any tips or things you wish you would have known that you could share would be awesome.

PS - I went to Scotland last year and loved it! Its on our list of honeymoon destinations haha.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a fantastic thread.

Like Blue Line, I'm also a groom who is in charge of planning an RCCL wedding.

I proposed to my fiancé aboard Freedom on April 24th and we've decided to get married on the same ship. We actually met with someone on board who talked to us a little bit about the packages and showed us the chapel and everything. She told us we would have to talk to the Royal Romance people for the full details (she suggested I ask for Maria, actually).

The wedding cruise is just going to be the two of us and we will have a big reception back home after we return.

We took advantage of the BOGOHO offer and booked our wedding cruise for September 20th, 2015. Our plan is to get married at sea.

I called and left a message for Maria almost two weeks ago but haven't heard back from her yet. From what I've read, unresponsiveness is pretty much par for the course with Royal Romance.

At any rate, I look forward to hearing more about other people's experiences and I'll be sure to share mine over the next 16 months or so.