Leftover Dinner Wine

kiwi_girl

I know we can bring our own wine onboard and that there's a $18 corkage fee if we want to drink it in the MDR etc, but can anyone tell me what happens if we dont finish the bottle? Do they store it for us for the next night? Do we have to pay another corkage? Do we have to take it back to our cabin?

Hi kiwigirl, when we were on our Alaska cruise, we did as you wish dining, and if there was wine left in the bottle from the first night, the next night they would place it down as soon as were seated at our table. Not quite sure about the corkage cost but I would have thought it was per bottle but I may be wrong.

That $18 corkage is a service charge for HAL. It most definitely includes the same care and attention that any other bottle of wine will receive. The unfinished bottle will be back on your table next night.

Your wine steward will be happy to store any left over wine for you. They will tag the bottle with your name and cabin number.

You will not pay a second corkage fee for that same bottle.

If you decide to eat somewhere else, the new wine steward will find your bottle for you.

Leftover wine??????????:eek::eek: What's that??????? :D:D

Just being silly this morning....everyone has already provided the answer to your question. Enjoy....Cheers

You took the words right out of my mouth, or better yet "right from my fingers"! hehe!

Leftover wine??????????:eek::eek: What's that??????? :D:D

Just being silly this morning....everyone has already provided the answer to your question. Enjoy....Cheers

*LOL*

That's one of those terms I don't understand either :)

Like someone says "Can I freshen your drink for you ?" Mine never sits in the glass long enough to get stale *LOL*

Hi kiwigirl, when we were on our Alaska cruise, we did as you wish dining, and if there was wine left in the bottle from the first night, the next night they would place it down as soon as were seated at our table. Not quite sure about the corkage cost but I would have thought it was per bottle but I may be wrong.

If I'm sitting near you, I will take care of it for you.

Ha ha, thought I'd get a response like this! The truth is I'm the world's cheapest date! Half a glass is about my limit usually, much to the amusement of my husband and friends. Trust me, I live life on enough of a natural high that no stimulants are needed LOL! Hubby will probably have a couple of glasses with dinner, so I'm thinking a bottle in the dining room will last us two nights. There will be more in our cabin if he wants it ;-)

Archived