phone service

SuperGrace2002

i have a prepaid phone from virigin moblie - I have unlimited data & messaging - question is does anyone else have this type of plan - if so did you have any issues or hidden fees while cruising to the Bahamas(Freeport, Nassau & HMC)?

I cruise at the end of the month and was just going to leave phone in the room/safe - but if there are no hidden fees or issues then I will take with me and take some photos to send back home and make everyone else jealous:p

I would call and check with the carrier to be sure, but I always either turn the phone off at the time the ship sails, or use airplane mode. The reason is , texts and e-mails are continuously coming in to my phone, and even if I don't open them, the tower being used is "Cellular at Sea" and the charges are outrageous. I had read on these boards that someone didn't realize this and had a horrendous cell bill (hundreds) after their return. So, most of the time I just turn it off and place in safe. It is nice for a real vacation not to worry about calls or emails. :)

Archived