Jade Penthouse Question

alsys

Hi all

We are going on a Med cruise next year (two adults, two kiddums) and we have the reg Penthouse. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to the Haven but was wondering if its actually worth it. The Jewel class ships's Haven isnt that big is it? What would you do?

If you looking at one of the two bedroom/bath family suites in the Haven I'd go for it - that way the children have their room and you'll also have a private bedroom. The additional space for four people is fantastic, plus the primary bathroom is nice. Also, you don't say when you're sailing but if its in the fall or winter being in the Haven makes it possible for the children to swim.

Hi all

We are going on a Med cruise next year (two adults, two kiddums) and we have the reg Penthouse. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to the Haven but was wondering if its actually worth it. The Jewel class ships's Haven isnt that big is it? What would you do?

I would not upgrade. The Med cruise is very port intensive and that means early mornings and late evenings and then you are exhausted. I would save the money as the excursions are going to be pricey also.

That's true. I was looking at those online and wow. Hubs and I are kinda used to just making our own way normally but in places like those, you kinda have to do some type of tour otherwise you will definitely miss something.

It may be worth it anyway. You get back from a long day, the kids may want to be in the pool or have a little room to move play, but parents don't want to deal with the crowds (and there are still crowds on a port intensive cruise). The Haven gives the kids a much more controlled environment than the main pool deck and mom and dad can relax and keep an eye on them more easily without so many people around.

That's true. I was looking at those online and wow. Hubs and I are kinda used to just making our own way normally but in places like those, you kinda have to do some type of tour otherwise you will definitely miss something.

Look at doing private excursions. Join the roll call for the cruise you are on. Most of the time, you can join your fellow cruisers and share a tour. Costs less, you can usually create a personalized itinerary AND you are only with a few others, not a big bus of ship people getting 15 minutes here and there. Much more value for your money. Check out the Ports of Call board also.

Archived