Atlantis Submarine Tour ??

widehunters3

I haven't done it in Aruba, have done it in Cozumel and Barbados, and it was very well done in both those places, with tons of stuff to see (turtles, stingrays, sharks, eels, in addition to all the reef fish). I was surprised at how well you can see, and how well organized the tour is. It's all the same group, so I'd expect the same level of service at least- perhaps someone else can comment on the reef itself.

We took the 'Atlantis Submarine' in late March 2013. It was great. I SCUBA but wife does not...so now she knows what she's been missing. A 'Pontoon Boat' takes you out to the actual Submarine which is positioned over a drop-off and sunken wrecks about 1 mile from shore. You scramble aboard the Sub...then down the ladder thru a hatchway and once seated along a long bench passengers peer out thru large portholes at the Coral, shipwrecks and lotsa fish the Cap't goes looking for etc. We lucked out and saw some Sea Turtles also. Once below Ocean's surface everything turns a light blue, so picture taking will be so-so. We went down 133/ft. then back up...transferred back to 'Pontoon Boat' for quick trip back to dock which was very close to Cruise Terminal. Kids from 6 to 80 were aboard on our trip. Fun. Locomotiveman Tom

Thank you for the replies.. Did you book through the cruise ship or were you able to book directly?

I did look at their web-sight and possibly I am missing something but it show only one tour time and that is at 11:00am. We have already booked an island tour for the morning hours but since we are in port very late, I was hoping to do the submarine tour in the afternoon.

I appreciate your help!

Archived