Dive grand turks or st Thomas

Kennedygirls3

Where would u dive grand turks or st Thomas

Hubby and I have been certified scuba divers for 20 years now and the absolute best dives that we have EVER done was Bermuda and St. Thomas. St thomas we got to swim through the shark feeding area and a school of nurse sharks were right beside us. It was the BEST experience EVER. I'm sure if you love diving any dive is good. I've never actually dove in the Grand Turks but we are going in June and plan to dive there. Good luck.

For me having done both islands several times each the choice is easy. Grand Turk offers great wall dives with drift diving options that I love.

Whatever your choice have a wonderful time! If at all possible dive both islands.

For me having done both islands several times each the choice is easy. Grand Turk offers great wall dives with drift diving options that I love.

Whatever your choice have a wonderful time! If at all possible dive both islands.

Sounds good to me! Both of these, as well as San Juan and St. Maarten are on our Breeze itinerary. Definitely NOT diving in St. Maarten, though. The only thing I'm doing in St. Maarten is hanging out on Maho Beach with my digital camera and HD Camcorder.

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely Grand Turk. We had a great dive for 2 with Blue Water Divers and a great lunch for 2 @ The Osprey Hotel. The blue line on the horizon is a 6000' deep wall - Fantastic !

Can you please elaborate on what are available at the Osprey hotel.

A few years ago we had a group and went to GT Divers. I scuba dived while the rest snorkeled, from the same boat. We didn't dive the walls because of the snorkelers.

Now the prices have gone up. This time I'm still the only diver, and the 3 others can snorkel. But they are not necessarily keen on snorkeling as we'd have done that in Key Largo and in other ports.

So if there are things they can do at the Osprey hotel, while I go diving with Blue Water Divers at the walls, that might be a better choice for us this time.

Thanks.

The last time we dove GT was in December,12 and it was just 2 of us. They stuck us on a boat with 2 students and we stayed atop the reef--while it's a nice reef, it wasn't why we chose to dive Grand Turk! We wanted the wall that we dove on a previous visit. The first time we had 4 divers, so no problem getting to the wall. Anyway, I will ask many questions next time.............anyway, we couldn't see the dropoff and the viz was very good with some shifting current--I thought at first after we all got in--that the guide was taking us to the wall, not so--or maybe we would have looked on our own.

• 6 months later...