I did not like Coco cay.

geovet

We went to Coco Cay in March 2012. I absolutely loved it! The hammocks in the shade were perfect, the water was gorgeous. I haven't been to Half Moon Cay or Labadee yet, but if they're better than Coco Cay, I will get there as soon as possible!

People seem to be in 2 camps. Those like me and you who like trees and shade

I didn't like it back on my first cruise back in '93. There was NOTHING there back then....Called it CocoCrap :eek:

And those like this poster and the OP who think trees make the beach dirty and less desirable and want all the trees cut down so they can have more space to bake in the sun.

Half Moon Cay is one of the best beaches I've been to yet. The water was crystal clear and you could see the bottom from the deeper parts. There were these silver colored fish that one man was feeding and you could see them just by standing there. It is a very nice stop to chill out on the beach.

HMC was great! I wish I could have enjoyed it more, but the cooler February Atlantic kept me out of the water. It was beautiful though to say the least. I've never been to Coco Cay, but would like to at least try seeing it.

Since some of you are discussing Labadee, my view is that of disappointment. The extremely pushy merchants were the biggest issue, followed by trash. The property itself was clean, but any-non beach coastline had trash lining it. There were also numberous garbage patches floating right offshore (not big, but enough to count). A few pieces found their way into Adrenaline Beach. That said though, it is a FUN destination. Many cool things to do. Awesome views as well.

Archived