Online TA v's Local TA

Hi,

Looking for some feedback, thinking about changing our TA and wondering what people thought.

I am not looking for names of TA's, particularly to stick within CC guidelines, but more a case of how you book your cruise/flights/motels etc.

Do you prefer to use an Online TA which may be in another state or country or do you like to use a TA that is in your town or city where you can actually sit face-to-face with them to set up your trip?

If you use an online TA do you ever actually talk to them or is all your cruise/trip worked out via email?

We have used online TA's both within our state but also outside of our state. We don't have an issue with them, but wondered if you got better deals/price going with someone in your local town.

We are planning a big trip (for us) to Alaska next year to include a few nights either side of a cruise plus cruising back to Australia and just trying to decide whether to stick with online TA or not.

Thanks,

Kirrarne

I'm a bit biased (being a TA myself) but I think once you find a good TA, you should stick with them. I haven't been in my current job for a huge amount of time, and we used to use a combination of online TA's to make our bookings. The first time we booked was seamless, however the next couple of times we booked, we had a few dramas (everything was handled via email with these TAs which made it quite difficult at times). For our last big holiday in September/October last year, we used a local TA and had a really good experience. The fact we could actually sit down and speak to them, call them when we needed and have them take care of everything, was great. We didn't need to stress about anything because it was all taken care of.

Like I said, if you can find a really good TA, they're worth their weight in gold. You stay loyal to them and they will stay loyal to you. Of course, now that I am a TA, I always use a TA (that would be me)! :D

I use an online TA and yes, contact is mainly be email but then that is fine for our needs, there is possible contact by phone but I try not to do this as it is Overseas. I have been burned by poor service and uncompetitive pricing in the past and have now found a very good TA that goes above and beyond for us. We will stick with them until we get burned.:D

We also use an overseas TA, USA, wonderful service, great OBC etc. email and phone contact, she replies within hours regardless of time of day.

Local TA's we have used have a very different attitude, specially after we booked.

We'll be staying with our friendly o/s lady

Archived