Oasis ta westbound oct 2014

scotsman

Hello all!.....with just 26 days to go!!!....I hope everyones plans are coming together well! :)

We are very excited for this trip! It is our first TA!! :D

I had mentioned earlier in the thread that perhaps a FOD/LGBT gathering might be nice for October 16 around 4:30pm. Considering the current schedule for entertainment and what others may have planned regarding dining; perhaps setting a time later in the evening, as Scotsman suggested, may be more appropriate.

It seems like we have a nice group here and it would be nice to meet one evening!......so......let us all keep an eye on the community board by the pursers desk. Anyone can post a card with a date and time........and hopefully we will have a nice turn out!

Welcome to all of those that have booked recently! :):)

Safe travels to all! :)

Erick, my partner, and I will on the Oasis also. We are boarding on the 15th in Southampton because it saved us over $1000 each. Go figure.

We call NYC home. This will be our forth or fifth TA. We really enjoy the sea days. Relaxation at its best.

Erick is heading to Dubai and a few other places prior to the cruise. I will be arriving in Amsterdam on the 12th and will be joined by Erick on the 13th. We will be staying at the Hotel Pulitzer while in Amsterdam. We fly to Southampton on the 15th to join the cruise.

Where is everyone else staying in Amsterdam? I will be alone on the 12th - anyone up for some fun and trouble?

Regards,

Marc

I will be Flying to Ams on the 13th then train to Rotterdam and Staying in The Manhattan Hotel http://www.manhattanhotelrotterdam.com/ (anyone else ??)

Do you want me to put a notice on the community board for a FOD in the Champagne Bar at 10pm until late every evening ?? this seemed to work well on the Eastbound.

Hello all and welcome newcomers!

A regular FOD gathering would be great. We've never had a successful one on our handful of cruises so this is exciting!

I've taken the liberty to stalk, I mean, track all our roll-callers! I'm trying to remember some facts about all of us - 37 by my count. If anyone has concerns about being listed here, just report the post using the emblem in the upper right corner. Help keep Derrell and me sane on those sea days. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Scotsman (George) - Scotland

Welshrich (Richard & Steve) - Wales, UK

Beej -Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA

Tomjohnsonjr (Tom) - Jupiter, Florida, USA

MrAL300 - Connecticut, USA

Spyke5 (Mark & Bennett) - Denver, Colorado, USA

RoyalDiamond (Peter and Jim) - Chicago, Illinois, USA

Cruisehabits (Chris & Michael) - Miami, Florida, USA

Welshcruiser (Mike & Jeff) - South Wales, UK

MisterMom (Dan & Derrell) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Boco (2 honeymooners Bob & Cor) - Maassluis, Netherlands

Rodneyhpaul (Rodney & David) - Alexandria, Minnesota, USA

Fredcq (2) - Newfoundland, Canada

Ukidocny (Phil & ____) - Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

090412K&P (Kevin & Paul) - Edinburgh, Scotland

Srhodes (Sam & Alan) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA

JRVcruiser (Jason & Richard) - Nuneaton, UK

Chimatt1 (Matt, Wil & Marty) - Chicago, Illinois, USA

Rjgex (2 honeymooners Rob & Adam) - Washington, DC, USA

TheZaxy (Marc & Erick) - New York City, NY, USA

41742045_zps5b7f414a.jpg

I'm Craig also from Atlanta and just finished the eastbound transatlantic Oasis crossing little more than a week ago. Wonderful weather and a very smooth seas.

If you're spending a lot of time making reservations, be warned that on the way over many shows were dropped, changed or rescheduled for reasons that never were made clear. Every night before dinner there was an LGBT gathering of at least 30 to 60 people at the Champagne Bar that went on until midnight with many moving on to one of the dance clubs at that time. One of the highlights for me was the garden tour led by the guy who actually designed it which is offered about 10:00 am several mornings, but you must look closely in the schedule to spot it. Good to see George is also again on this crossing! Look forward to seeing all of you in Southhampton.

And we're off!.......

We leave in a few hours for our flight to Amsterdam!! :D:D

Very excited to get this leg of the trip started! All the planning and packing is complete! Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Over the next few days, as you make your way to the Oasis, we wish safe travels to all! :)

Marching in the Atlanta Pride Parade on Sunday and then it's a mad dash to the airport to catch my flight to London. Happy Pride everyone!

Hope you managed to stay dry as some friends, apparently, got wet at Pride. We just made a dash from the tram to our hotel in Amsterdam in the rain.

See you all (y'all) soon!

D