Oasis ta westbound oct 2014

scotsman

Hi all...

I am working on a list of people from the Facebook and Cruise Critics pages. To respect privacy, please let me know if you want to be included in that list. If you want to contact me via email please use rodney@rodneypaul.com. David and I are sailing with our friends Manny and Julie and know a few other couples on the sailing. I will post some Vigo ideas (got my Michelin Map of Vigo in the mail the other day) as I get them.

We are excited for our first TA.

Take care.

Rodney & David

Alexandria, Minnesota & Youngstown, New York

What's the purpose of the list? So there is a FB page for this sailing? what is it called?

For people who wish to fly into rotterdam airport. It is served daily:

London Heatrow: british airways (2x)

London City: british airways (3x) - cityjet (depends on day)

Munich: lufthansa (2x)

Istanbul Ataturk: turkish airlines (1x)

http://Www.transavia.com is a lcc operating from RTM to various european destinations

Good hotels in Rotterdam are:

Mainport / inntel - has a swimming pool wellness centre

Nhow - next to cruise terminal, most modern hotelin a new highrise

Hotel New York - nest to cruise terminal used to be HAL HQ

Eating areas are:

Witte de With straat

Meent / Binnenrotte ( market on tuesday and sunday)

More info:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Rotterdam

Or ask me, i live in the heart of the city

Hi Rodney!

We are Chris & Michael from Miami. We're not on Facebook, however; happy to be included in the list of travelers you are putting together.

Happy to see this thread is picking up. We got back this past Sunday from our trip on the Independence of the Seas. The trip was great! I go back to work this coming Sunday.......we are only about 5 months away from this TA. :D:D

HadesNL......we are currently booked @ Hotel New York for the evening prior to embarkation. It's my understanding the the Nhow is a new hotel...is it better in your opinion?.....also......are both of these hotels walking distance to the ship or transport/taxi is necessary?

Any suggestions you have for things to do would be greatly appreciated. We are staying in Amsterdam for 2 evenings (October 11 & 12) and Rotterdam the evening of October 13. I would like to take a canal boat ride...any suggestions as to where/which company may provide the best experience. We arrive on Delta about 6am the morning of October 11, so we have two full days in Amsterdam.

This is shaping up to be a great vacation! :)

Safe travels to all! :)

• 2 weeks later...

MisterMom ~

I've been following your thread with the Oasis pictures ~ very nice!

It's a great review and keeps the excitement building towards this TA in October ~ we are 151 days away! :D

MisterMom ~

I've been following your thread with the Oasis pictures ~ very nice!

It's a great review and keeps the excitement building towards this TA in October ~ we are 151 days away! :D

Hey Cruisehabits - thanks so much! I'm really excited about expanding my collection of pics on the TA so I can (potentially) build on that thread. As many pics as I took, it took me until now to realize how much of the ship I missed.

What are folks planning on doing during the 8 sea days? I'm a little worried about getting a little bored....

What are folks planning on doing during the 8 sea days? I'm a little worried about getting a little bored....

We have never been on a TA, so really not sure how we will spend our sea days. I know I will take some time to read and relax by the pool or Solarium pool if cool outside. I would really like to join the tour of Central Park that is guided by the ship horticulturalist. My understanding is that they go into detail about the goings on in Central Park and what it takes to maintain it.

A few of those martinis from 150 Central Park might be a good way to break up a long sea day! :D

Hi Rodney!

Happy to see this thread is picking up. We got back this past Sunday from our trip on the Independence of the Seas. The trip was great! I go back to work this coming Sunday.......we are only about 5 months away from this TA. :D:D

I was on your inde trip :)

We have never been on a TA, so really not sure how we will spend our sea days. I know I will take some time to read and relax by the pool or Solarium pool if cool outside. I would really like to join the tour of Central Park that is guided by the ship horticulturalist. My understanding is that they go into detail about the goings on in Central Park and what it takes to maintain it.

A few of those martinis from 150 Central Park might be a good way to break up a long sea day! :D

Hi, we've been on 3 previous TA's, this will be our 4th, we've never been bored, always seems to be something to do, I like to go to the gym, usually steam but it's not a complimentary facility on Oasis, also to take in a movie but it depends what movies they have showing, but I remember the ice show was great on her and they did have an afternoon performance of Hairspray so maybe there will be one of Cats - not my fave show. Crossing to the US is nice too as there will be 5 25 hour days to do the time change, other cruises they have changed the clocks at night but I have heard that on some they change them at noon.

Other nice things on this ship is the park cafe for Breakfast and then the MDR for lunch as it should be open every sea day.

@ scotsman ~ George....we were on the Independence with you on April 26. I tried to meet up to talk to you one evening during the Diamond happy hour....but got carried away talking to Gooner & his wife and never did catch up with you. Look forward to chatting with you on the Oasis.

@ MisterMom..... please email me at cb33@bellsouthdotnet when you get the chance. I'd like to pass my cell # on to you and perhaps I can field a couple of questions to you.

Hi, we've been on 3 previous TA's, this will be our 4th, we've never been bored, always seems to be something to do, I like to go to the gym, usually steam but it's not a complimentary facility on Oasis, also to take in a movie but it depends what movies they have showing, but I remember the ice show was great on her and they did have an afternoon performance of Hairspray so maybe there will be one of Cats - not my fave show. Crossing to the US is nice too as there will be 5 25 hour days to do the time change, other cruises they have changed the clocks at night but I have heard that on some they change them at noon.

Other nice things on this ship is the park cafe for Breakfast and then the MDR for lunch as it should be open every sea day.

last week on Inde we lost the hour at noon over 5 days

• 2 weeks later...

Hai ,

Hotel New York and Nhow are both on walking distance from the terminal, if you have a hangover you can even crawl:)

Greetz

Bob en Cor

Hi Rodney!

We are Chris & Michael from Miami. We're not on Facebook, however; happy to be included in the list of travelers you are putting together.

HadesNL......we are currently booked @ Hotel New York for the evening prior to embarkation. It's my understanding the the Nhow is a new hotel...is it better in your opinion?.....also......are both of these hotels walking distance to the ship or transport/taxi is necessary?

Any suggestions you have for things to do would be greatly appreciated. We are staying in Amsterdam for 2 evenings (October 11 & 12) and Rotterdam the evening of October 13. I would like to take a canal boat ride...any suggestions as to where/which company may provide the best experience. We arrive on Delta about 6am the morning of October 11, so we have two full days in Amsterdam.

This is shaping up to be a great vacation! :)

Hai ,

Hotel New York and Nhow are both on walking distance from the terminal, if you have a hangover you can even crawl:)

Greetz

Bob en Cor

Hangover? Don't they serve bloody marys and mimosas in the Netherlands? Would rather stumble to the terminal. :eek:

Hello everyone!......137 days to go! :D

BOCO...thank you for getting back to me! I'm happy to hear that the hotel is very close to the terminal....that should make things easy. :)

We have made some decisions regarding our plans while in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Looking forward to sightseeing, a couple of guided tours and a canal cruise.

Wishing everyone a great summer! I see several have cruises coming up soon.....enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

MisterMom ~ congrats on the savings!!!!....more $$ for your 150 CP martinis! :D:D

Just a question for those following this thread. What will be your plans in Southampton and Vigo? We actually booked the tours offered on the main thread with Bill and LauaraApp. I believe there is still room for both tours being offered.

How about around the ship on sea days? We have not done a TA before. I'm sure the sea days will be relaxing. Perhaps sometime before we sail we can set specific day/date/time/location for those following this particular thread to meet. I know a FOD/LGBT gathering is usually posted, however; not everyone goes each day.

:D:) So what I am actually trying to say is.....perhaps we can concentrate on one particular day where everyone following this thread would be willing to make plans to meet and say hi to one another.

Let me know what you all think! Safe travels to all! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well.....96 more days!! :D

I cannot believe how fast this year is going! MisterMom.....welcome back from your cruise on the Allure! Hope you had a fantastic time and enjoyed the time with your family. Scotsman....welcome back from the IOS! :)

We leave 3 months from today to fly to Amsterdam. Everything is pretty much set in place and the only thing I will do in advance now is purchase my train tickets from Amsterdam to Rotterdam. We are excited about the pre-cruise events we have set up for ourselves in Amsterdam!

Wishing everyone a continued great summer! :)

We've never sailed on RCL before. What is the window when you can book entrainment, dining, excursions (not that there are a lot of ports), etc. Will miss the first leg of the cruise, we're boarding in Southampton.

Thanks,

Sam and Alan