Final Venice Itinerary please check

nelderwoman

Hi Folks

sorry to start a new thread but have read everything, so going Sunday, these are my final questions

We are in Venice on P&O Aurora from 8am-5pm

We are going to take the No1 Vaporetto to Piazza San Marco.

We want to visit the Basilica and the Doges Palace.

I am going to buy the free on line tickets for the Basilica and for secret itineries tour for the Doges Palace

I am trying to work out times, can anyone help.

What time, taking in embarkation and the water taxi u the Grand Canal, do you think we would be at St Marks square . What times should be book these tours

Also can we walk back to the ship terminal, crossing the Ponte di Rialto and maybe a few other famous bridges.

Our thanks to everyone, these Venice threads have be brilliant, I have sorted all my visits on shore with your help

Any final tips will be gratefully received

Happy cruising folks

Hi Folks

sorry to start a new thread but have read everything, so going Sunday, these are my final questions

We are in Venice on P&O Aurora from 8am-5pm

We are going to take the No1 Vaporetto to Piazza San Marco.

We want to visit the Basilica and the Doges Palace.

I am going to buy the free on line tickets for the Basilica and for secret itineries tour for the Doges Palace

I am trying to work out times, can anyone help.

What time, taking in embarkation and the water taxi u the Grand Canal, do you think we would be at St Marks square . What times should be book these tours

Also can we walk back to the ship terminal, crossing the Ponte di Rialto and maybe a few other famous bridges.

Our thanks to everyone, these Venice threads have be brilliant, I have sorted all my visits on shore with your help

Any final tips will be gratefully received

Happy cruising folks

If it were me, I'd probably book my first entry at 11am. This should give you enough time to get oriented and to get to San Marco from your ship and allow some basic sightseeing and picture taking. If you're early, you can always venture off into some of the surrounding streets to kill some time before the entry. I spent about 45-60 minutes in the Basilica including the upstairs museum. I don't recall how long the Doges Palace took, but I also didn't do the Secret Itinerary tour. But I'm sure that would still leave you time to walk back to Piazzale Roma via the bridges of your choice. It's very walkable (did it several times over my 3 day visit), but it will take 30-45 minutes or so and possibly more if you get lost (not that uncommon) and/or stop to look at things (not that uncommon) -- just keep walking and you'll eventually see a sign pointing the directions to get you back on track (they are all over).

If it were me, I'd probably book my first entry at 11am. This should give you enough time to get oriented and to get to San Marco from your ship and allow some basic sightseeing and picture taking. If you're early, you can always venture off into some of the surrounding streets to kill some time before the entry. I spent about 45-60 minutes in the Basilica including the upstairs museum. I don't recall how long the Doges Palace took, but I also didn't do the Secret Itinerary tour. But I'm sure that would still leave you time to walk back to Piazzale Roma via the bridges of your choice. It's very walkable (did it several times over my 3 day visit), but it will take 30-45 minutes or so and possibly more if you get lost (not that uncommon) and/or stop to look at things (not that uncommon) -- just keep walking and you'll eventually see a sign pointing the directions to get you back on track (they are all over).

Thanks so much

Thats all my research done for this trip, we fly in the morning

Archived