Palma - are u allowed back off ship

We board the ship at 11AM, as this Is our first cruise this may sound stupid!!!

But are you allowed get back of the ship once you check in.. ??

And does anyone know if there is a taxi rank near by as I'd like to take the kids to the Aqua park in Magaluf..thanks

And does anyone know if there is a taxi rank near by as I'd like to take the kids to the Aqua park in Magaluf..thanks

Yes you are! ;) Once your ship's card is validated at registration upon arrival you are free to come and go as you wish.

I'm sure there are taxis at the port entrance although I've never used one but it's a hub for ferries and ships so people are always coming and going. Here is a link which mentions taxis.

http://www.whatsinport.com/Palma-de-Majorca.htm

There is a bus stop at the end of the pier - a Linea 1 bus will take you right into the centre of Palma which is the hub for all bus services which are very good in Majorca. From a time perspective I guess you will prefer to go by taxi but it does seem possible to get there by local transport should you wish.

http://www.westernpark.com/como_llegar.php

Enjoy your first cruise - as you can tell there are many converts on here but be warned it does become addictive!

Yes - there is a taxi rank immediately outise the Port entrance; we got one there back to the Airport as we left our cruise last year and will be getting one to Palma Nova as we disembark this year. Fare to Magalluf approx. €25 - much cheaper by bus (buses stop on the Paseo Maritimo so no need to go into Palma centre) but far more time consuming as the buses go all around the houses.

Just for your information, the Aqua Park in Magaluf is no more - Western Water Park (across the road) is what you want to ask for.

Thank you both for all the information, very helpful indeed.

Yes I think we may just get the taxi.

Totally addicted to this page already :):)

Hi Judeniece,you do get addicted on here and sure you will to cruising,there is a Thomson cruises page on Facebook as well ,same people good info ,enjoy your cruise .:)

We live in Mallorca. Western Water Park is only open till 5pm in June. Boarding can mean a long line and up to an hour before you get on the ship. By the time you board, get your cabin, wait on your luggage getting there, get back off the ship, get a taxi to Magaluf, you won't have much time, even if you have booked online (saves 15%). June is not that hot, also, so expect cold water. Our pool doesn't get used till July at the earliest and the bigger areas of the water park means colder water....and shivering children!! A better idea is to take the local bus along past the cathedral and go to the beach. You can rent bikes very cheaply and cycle along the cycle track past the little marina to another beach etc. All on the flat!!

allhamm,

Thank you very much this information has been very helpful for me, i think maybe we would be pushing our time. I can tell the kids now also we wont get a chance to go, so they wont be disappointed on the day.

Archived