1st time flying to NYC for cruise-hotel, airport suggestions?

bellabaloo

Hello! This will be our first time flying in to NYC for a cruise. In fact, this will be our first time flying in at all. Does anyone have recommendations for an easy "cruise friendly" hotel? Which airport would be better-lagardia (sp?)

Any travel tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

i find JFK to be super easy to get to from midtown; just take the airtrain.

as for a hotel, you have a million options within a short walk or taxi ride to the pier. the only one i can recommend from personal experience is TRYP times square south; it's on 35th between 8th and 9th. personally, i'd walk from there to the port; anyone with any mobility issues (or a lot of luggage) might want a taxi. but the taxi will take the same amount of time as walking.

if you want to save some money, you could get a hotel near the airport and come into town on the day of your sailing (not sure if you wanted to do any city sightseeing that day, though. if so, there's a luggage storage place on 36th and 9th (schwartz travel storage).

have a great trip!

I use a Comfort inn - 300 block I believe of W 44th street- I actually did a 15 minute walk from the hotel right to the ship- (doing a cab next time though)

Near theatre, times square etc..

They have a newer comfort inn on 48th street which seems SUPER close to the pier but not as much on those blocks to do

Archived