Cove Balcony Question

jansue1015

I have booked a cove balcony on the Dream and there are 3 people in our cabin. I have never had a cove before, will all 3 of us be able to sit comfortably on it together? I know that may sound like a silly question but I am guessing it is smaller than a standard balcony:) Just not sure what to expect. Thanks for your help in advance:D

It appears to be the same size, room wise, as all the other balconies. You get a bit larger size balcony though is the upsize. All I have read on a cove balcony has been POSITIVE....Not many write ups though, but what was written were all positive for the cove cabin. I was going to book that today, but now a 3rd person is coming, and with that said, I am booking an ocean suite for the added space....

It appears to be the same size, room wise, as all the other balconies. You get a bit larger size balcony though is the upsize. All I have read on a cove balcony has been POSITIVE....Not many write ups though, but what was written were all positive for the cove cabin. I was going to book that today, but now a 3rd person is coming, and with that said, I am booking an ocean suite for the added space....

We did the suite last time as there was 3 of us (not same 3rd person as this time). I am just hesitant to spend the extra $400 to upgrade. I am actually kind of excited to be on 2nd deck and so close to the water but it if all 3 of us can't sit there together I am not sure about the cove...:confused:

I had Cove 2330 on the Dream. There are only 2 chairs on the balcony. You could fit a 3rd, but it would have to block the door to the cabin. Hope this helps!

I was thinking the same, we were in 2284 last Nov and a third would be able but it would have to be in front of the door with no xtra chair.

we had a cove balcony on the magic and it was great for three of us.. usually one of us was inside or leaned on the balcony.. it is a good size but what makes it great is the closeness to the water. unbelievable.. we saw flying fish right there and dolphins.. i enjoyed that balcony more than any we had before.. we loved it.... if you love water go for it...

The cove balconies are very nice. We just got off one on the Breeze, and we had 3 people. On that ship, we did have a 3rd chair out there on the balcony. The 3rd wasn't like the other 2, but there were 3, and there was enough room for all of us. They may not do that on the Dream though. The balcony is 45 sq.ft. as opposed to the standard 35 sq.ft. The indoors part is the same size as a regular balcony room. It was nice being so close to the water and being able to look straight down to the water (without the deck 5 lanai blocking the view).

we had a cove balcony on the magic and it was great for three of us.. usually one of us was inside or leaned on the balcony.. it is a good size but what makes it great is the closeness to the water. unbelievable.. we saw flying fish right there and dolphins.. i enjoyed that balcony more than any we had before.. we loved it.... if you love water go for it...

I agree with this!

We have been on the Dream twice, once we were able to have ajoining balconies with our DD & DSL. That was super.

But, when we had just one, on the last cruise on the Dream, I can tell you that they are large balconies and able to handle three people just fine.

Do it you will Love It!

Here is a picture of the time we had a double cove, as you can see they are very roomy........

CCLDream10307_zps4258d15e.jpg

There are only two chairs on the balcony, but last time on the Dream, we took the little stool, that fits under the desk in the room, out on the balcony. We placed it up against the side wall so that we had a back rest. Three people fit fine in the Cove balcony. We love them and book them whenever we sail on the ships that have them. We actually prefer them to the more expensive balcony's. Get one a little forward to be under the dining room, not back under the galley.

We had a cove on the Dream. It was great. BONUS is the little ledge that runs the entire length of your room. Great for drinks. Nice little shelve ( check out the photo above). Plus while in port it's great for people watching, running back to the ship etc. have fun!

We booked our first Cove on Dream for July - can't wait. We love having a balcony but usually book lower decks, so a Cove seems to be a perfect fit for us. I just hope the seas aren't too rough.

Some of the cons to a Cove that I've seen have been: balcony is not as open and sunny as others (though this is in the "pro" column for us as we prefer the privacy); sea spray can make the balcony wet; rough seas can cause the crew to shut off access to the balcony (that's my biggest concern - hopefully we'll have smooth sailing in July).

We just booked Cove Balcony rooms on the Dream a few days ago. While on the phone the Carnival rep said that the Cove rooms were a little smaller than the regular balcony rooms, but the balconies are larger. However all of my searches online have shown that the rooms are the same size with a lit larger balcony.

I don't think fitting a thrid person would be a problem. In the past we have been able to ask our room steward for another chair for our balcony and it has never been an issue for them to bring us one.

take a look at the video tour of the CB on the Breeze...in my sig below...will give you a good idea of the available space.

Thanks for posting your video's. Made me much more comfortable with the decision to try a cove.

We did the Breeze in Nov last year and had a Cove.. loved it... there was 3 of us in the cabin no problem with size.. as for 3 on a balcony might be a tight squeeze but can be done... a chair will block the door..but love that the surface stays cool, the privacy, and the closeness to the water..will book one again given the chance

Cheers

You'll love the Cove balcony room. My family of four stayed in there comfortably and there seemed to be no difference in size from the "regular" balcony rooms in terms of square footage. The Balcony was plenty big and despite rough seas and high winds, we never had a problem. They never closed off the balcony and they washed it down a few times throughout the week. Being so close to the water is unbelievable and has spoiled me for any other stateroom.

Happy Sailing:)

We just returned from our Dream cruise Saturday and had cove balcony #2388. Our friends were on the other side of the ship in 2439. When the four of us wanted to sit on the balcony, we put a beach towel on the little table and brought out the stool from the room and used both of them as chairs. It worked fine. Used the ledge as our table for drinks or whatever. Loved the Cove!!! It is so close to the water and we weren't in the sun all day. My DH says that I am now ruined because I will never want an inside cabin again. Hope you love the cove like we did. Have fun on your cruise. :D

We just returned from our Dream cruise Saturday and had cove balcony #2388. Our friends were on the other side of the ship in 2439. When the four of us wanted to sit on the balcony, we put a beach towel on the little table and brought out the stool from the room and used both of them as chairs. It worked fine. Used the ledge as our table for drinks or whatever. Loved the Cove!!! It is so close to the water and we weren't in the sun all day. My DH says that I am now ruined because I will never want an inside cabin again. Hope you love the cove like we did. Have fun on your cruise. :D

Can you tell me if you had a lot of galley noise above you in your room? We sail in the room next to you in June and am a little worried about what I have been reading here.

I will add one more thought about the lay-out of the actual cabin . . . as a family of 4. . . cabins can be tight with the overhead bunks made down. But, with this cabin the sofa makes into a bed and then the bunk is directly above it allowing "plenty" of space for 4 people to move around in the cabin.

Plus, the cove balcony is the absolute best if you want privacy and/or shade!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Bankonus, we really did not hear much in the way of noise from the Galley. Once in a while there would be something like someone moving a cart above us, not a big deal and not late at night. I was worried like you but really relieved once we got settled in. Our friends in 2439 said that it sounded like a bowling alley above them some nights. But they were on the starboard side of the ship. Have fun!!:)

Archived