Staterooms with Shower Cubicles??

Love the showers on the inside cabins on HAL - another reason to book inside along with lower fares. Channel 44 always gives you an idea of what it is like outside. Takes the place or a window. We just spent 88 days in a J category cabin on promenade deck - close to exits - easy to get outside for arrivals and departures - spent the extra money on shore excursions. I know some will disagree, some will agree. Knowing my husband has trouble with tubs we have accepted inside cabins as a way of our cruising. We even took the tub out of our home and put in a walk in shower. to each their own.

We booked a handicap cabin on the Maasdam for this reason. He will not have to go up a step to get into the bathroom and will have more room in the shower. There will also be more room for our folding wheelchair which was a plus. These cabins all have a walk-in shower and no tub but seem to go quickly.

We have used the HAL bath seats but I am not sure about transfer seats because of to the space they use. Also, we have used the seat on the edge of the tub and swing one leg in (or out) at time. I have also seen posters who avail themselves of the showers in the spa.

I too could not handle either an inside OR an SS or Neptune suite.

Good Luck!

Using the Spa shower is a good idea if the cabin shower is difficult for someone to use.

One advantage to a shower only cabin is the added room it gives in the bathroom.

Thank you for posting this. The cabin we're looking at booking on Noordam is shower only, and I was concerned that we'd have a smaller bathroom.

DH has the same problem with the tub. We snatched one of the Cat H cabins on Statendam for our upcoming Hawaii / Tahiti cruise. This will be our first cruise in a cabin with a shower only so we are looking forward to it.

Someone said that HAL has "Bath seats" What are they? The only way that I am thinking they could work is if it sat on either side of the tub and you sit on it and swing your legs over. Is that how it works?

Helen

Archived