When will my room be assigned?

I'm on the Carnival Valor on 5/26, and it still says TBA for my room. We got a interior room, no extras or anything. When will I find out exactly what room? Before I leave, at least?

It also says twin beds, and I have e-mailed them requesting a room with a larger bed with no response yet. What can I expect here?

You will most likely find out before you leave, but there are occasions that people don't find out until they check in. I believe the closest to sailing I got my room assignment was a week before.

And most cabins come with 2 twin beds that 'configures' (push together) into a king bed. Some cabins the twins do not configure but the majority do.

Push together with the crack in the middle?

They have a thing-a-ma-bob that fits in the middle when the beds are secured together so you won't feel the crack in the middle. We have found out our cabin number when arriving at the pier before. Our experience has been the longer it takes the better the location. :p

I had an interior room and after posting this thread this morning, it got me thinking... I should call Carnival and ask the cost difference for an upgrade to ocean view. It was $30/pp ($60 total), so I went ahead and upgraded. We now know what room we have: 1384, riviera deck.

I had an interior room and after posting this thread this morning, it got me thinking... I should call Carnival and ask the cost difference for an upgrade to ocean view. It was $30/pp ($60 total), so I went ahead and upgraded. We now know what room we have: 1384, riviera deck.

That's great! The Oceanview rooms on this ship are a lot bigger than inside rooms (220 sq ft vs 185).

Next you'll be calling to upgrade to balcony! ;)

Jenn

Archived