Which camera to bring?

Dithering... Do I take the Pentax K-x with the 28-300 lens or my Canon Sx1 on the cruise? The Canon is considerably smaller & lighter, but I should be able to get better pics with the Pentax, and the shutter delay is a lot less.

I know, first world problem... But anyone got some good arguments either way to help my dither? First Mediterranean cruise coming up next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Take both and pack for the day.

Ship to shore shots, walkabout shooting, ship interiors...all sorts of different scenarios.

I have found that the best camera for all situations is usually two (or three!) cameras!

Enjoy your trip!

Dave

Take both. You don't have to carry both with you all the time but there are different situations. If you have both, take 'em. On my Med cruise last year I took the two types of cameras you mention as well as a pocket camera. Have pictures from all three.

Take both. I bring 2, sometimes 3 cameras myself, and as many lenses as I can get into a carry on - the cameras and lenses can stay back at the cabin as a home-base, and each day you choose what camera or lens combo you want to head out with.

for close up stuff a cell phone camera actually works very well, for site seeing a high MP quality camera or longer lens will let you edit pictures easier when you get back.

Digital cameras go to sleep so turn on and time to take a picture are concerns, packing 2 cameras is pretty simple I will be bringing my cell phone a compact camera and my SLR with probably 3 lenses on my TA cruise.

We photographers can be obsessives. Trying to pack light? Make room for the extra camera by leaving out a couple pair of socks, or a few underwear...you can go 80's-style sockless a few nights, or turn a few underwear inside-out to wear again if you have to...bring two less shirts - who's going to really notice you wore the same one two or three times? At least you got to bring the second camera!! ;)

Archived