Napali Coast Catamaran

blakethan

Has anyone done a Catamaran Tour of the Napali coast? Will be cruising on the POA. I know we cruise by it upon leaving, but was hoping to do a catamaran. If so, what company did you use? (Most leave at 8:00 AM-to early for our cruise arrival)

We have done it, but it was back in 2000. Don't have the tour name and who knows if they would still be in business. Left from somewhere in the Princeville/Hanalei bay area. We did enjoy it very much and it is awesome to see it so close and at sea level. Saw lots of whales close by as well. Not sure when you are cruising, but be aware that the north shore can get very rough in the winter.

There are also tours which leave from the south coast area and head out in the opposite direction of the one the POA will take. Not sure how far across Na Pali POA goes. On our south coast tour we covered areas of Na Pali the north shore one did not cover, so we saw the entire Na Pali area.

You might take a look at Trip Advisor for recommendations if no one here has any.

We have done a couple years ago and didn't think it was worth the money because if you've booked the port side of ship your pretty close to the shore line.

I would highly recommend you look into spending some extra money and do a helicopter tour, it's just amazing the sights you'll see from the air that you cant get to on foot. The helicopter is also able to get up close to the hidden waterfalls etc verses a plane.

We have done a couple years ago and didn't think it was worth the money because if you've booked the port side of ship your pretty close to the shore line.

I would highly recommend you look into spending some extra money and do a helicopter tour, it's just amazing the sights you'll see from the air that you cant get to on foot. The helicopter is also able to get up close to the hidden waterfalls etc verses a plane.

I've taken 7 cruises with the Na pali sailing and none of the sailings, I would consider close "coastal" comparing it to any boat tour, which goes far closer. Better are the ones that offer a snorkel stop, in my opinion. :)

We have twice done the Cap'n Andy's cruise, they are very good. One pointer, get to the boat as quickly as you can. Seats at the front of the boat (the best spot) IMHO are the best. You don't want to be stuck inside the cabin during the trip. Sea can get a little rough, saw a couple people with sea sickness

We have twice done the Cap'n Andy's cruise, they are very good. One pointer, get to the boat as quickly as you can. Seats at the front of the boat (the best spot) IMHO are the best. You don't want to be stuck inside the cabin during the trip. Sea can get a little rough, saw a couple people with sea sickness

We also used Capt Andy. I took some of the best photos I have ever taken on that trip. It is absolutely beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
I've taken 7 cruises with the Na pali sailing and none of the sailings, I would consider close "coastal" comparing it to any boat tour, which goes far closer. Better are the ones that offer a snorkel stop, in my opinion. :)

Budget Queen, I valued your input about Alaska when we were planning so am hoping for some input here also. If you could only do one would you do the helicopter tour or the boat tour (of Na Pali) and if you could do both is it worth doing that instead of something else like Waimea Canyon or a dedicated snorkle tour? Thanks!:)

Archived