Cost / Options Soda Card on Breakaway?

I am going to be on the Breakaway in less than a week. (Been surfing these boards for many years, but never signed up until now.)

I am not much of an alcohol drinker but would like to get a soda card. I remember back in 2003/2004 on the Dawn I got a little sticker and a souvenir cup. Do they still offer those? How much do they cost? Can I use it everywhere? Also, do I have to use the soda cup or can I just flash the sticker like I used to?

NCL's fountain soda plan, Teens and adult, $6.25 a day plus auto 15% gratuity.ust purchase for all days. Includes thermal mug.

I am going to be on the Breakaway in less than a week. (Been surfing these boards for many years, but never signed up until now.)

I am not much of an alcohol drinker but would like to get a soda card. I remember back in 2003/2004 on the Dawn I got a little sticker and a souvenir cup. Do they still offer those? How much do they cost? Can I use it everywhere? Also, do I have to use the soda cup or can I just flash the sticker like I used to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Can the soda package be purchased before your sail? Was there a wine bottle package? I drink, hubby doesn't so UBP not worth it for us.

Soda package can be bought in advance, just call NCL. (I don't remember if you can actually buy it through MyNCL like this page says, just like the UBP must be pre-purchased by calling them. http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more )

There have been really mixed reports about wine packages, so I can't help with that, I'd say that you'll see the options for your cruise once onboard. :)

There was mention a month or two ago that NCL was changing the policy so that now when one person in the stateroom buys the soda package everyone has to. Does anyone have recent experience with this to see if it was true? I hope not...we have 2 that get it and 2 that do not...the 2 that get it will not drink enough to make having to pay for four worth it!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

There was mention a month or two ago that NCL was changing the policy so that now when one person in the stateroom buys the soda package everyone has to. Does anyone have recent experience with this to see if it was true? I hope not...we have 2 that get it and 2 that do not...the 2 that get it will not drink enough to make having to pay for four worth it!

Not for the soda package. The UBP package requires all to purchase. Soda package is per person, as many or few as you want.

To the OP, you do not need the cup, just show your card anywhere on the ship and get a glass of soda. It is usually fountain soda.

There was mention a month or two ago that NCL was changing the policy so that now when one person in the stateroom buys the soda package everyone has to.

No such change. The "if one buys then everybody in the cabin have to buy" policy is only for alcohol packages but if there are underaged passengers in the same cabin, they all need to get soda package when all the adults have to get one of the alcohol packages.

No such change. The "if one buys then everybody in the cabin have to buy" policy is only for alcohol packages but if there are underaged passengers in the same cabin, they all need to get soda package when all the adults have to get one of the alcohol packages.

Great! I knew it was like that for the alcohol, but a few people had reported that they called to order the soda package and were told this.

I bought the soda package for each of my kids yest and they didn't make me buy for all of us. I also asked about the wine package and it can be purchased once inboard (or so I was told). I enjoy wine and my hubby doesn't drink so UBP is not worth it for us, but I'm thinking 4 bottle plus my 1 free will hold me :) Can't wait til Sunday!!

Archived