MyFitness Pal

I love MyFitnessPal. I'm on a 160 day streak of log-ins!

Quick question. Does anyone else find the "sugar" impossible? I'm over ever day and it is only ever because I eat quite a lot of fruit and drink home made fruit juices. I had an orange for breakfast and without putting anything else in for that day it put me over my daily sugar. So weird.

YES! I'm over everyday, usually by lunch time. I cannot stay under the sugar goal, it's impossible!

I have 25 pounds (hopefully) left to loose before my Alaska cruise in September. I am walking 2.5-5 miles a day and tracking my calorie intake both with MFP. I look forward to finding some cruise friends/accountability partners.

Friend request at MFP to hollyrosintoski at gmail

I am trying to be consistent and enter my food, but there are days I have not. :mad:

I have stopped looking at the summary since I'm always over on sugar and fiber!!! REally??/ fiber???? you can be over on fiber???? I thought fiber was a good thing :confused:

I just stay under my calories and sodium and try to keep under on fat. I always go over on sugar and protein though. Oh well, at least I am staying on the diet and exercising daily. :D

I am trying to be consistent and enter my food, but there are days I have not. :mad:

I have stopped looking at the summary since I'm always over on sugar and fiber!!! REally??/ fiber???? you can be over on fiber???? I thought fiber was a good thing :confused:

I just stay under my calories and sodium and try to keep under on fat. I always go over on sugar and protein though. Oh well, at least I am staying on the diet and exercising daily. :D

That's what I keep an eye on as well - calories and sodium. Calories aren't a huge issue but sodium can be sometimes!

What does everyone do for exercise? I'm on week 6 of Insanity. I'm beginning to hate Shaun T.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on fitness pal and have the same problems such as being a couple hundred calories below or too much sugar intake from a glass of orange juice and fruit. I'm glad to hear it's not just me! My email is passion4cruising@yahoo.ca if anyone wants to be friends on fitness pal. Good luck to all!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Now here is a good question that sparks many debates on MFP...

Do you eat back the calories you burn from exercise?

Personally, I say no.

I try not to do this either. Sometimes, I go over just a tad and eat a few of them, but for the most part, I keep it at my daily goal.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on MFP for a bit over a year now... have just passed the 20+ mark for my loss... don't go jumping around yet because I have really worked at this all my life! At 65 years... I don't know how long it will last but I'm working on it! And call me crazy but I have a hard time eating all my calories each day - so there! This is the first system that keeps me honest & logging food!

My long-on is susanstar88 same as here and would love to have some friends who can share in my losses & accomplishments... as they progress! We depart in 24-days for Venice, then on to the Jade for a 7-day cruise with four more days in Venice. The good news will be all the walking & touring!

I'm not certain how many times I will be able to log into the system so I will drop my days... but will work hard at entering my food on my iPad (even if I don't log the days when I'm not connected).

Happy sails to everyone... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am probably going to book for March 2014 (about six months out). I had a goal for the last cruise this past March but did not make that goal. This time the goal is at least 25 pounds to make some of my clothing a little more comfortable -- the plan for now is not to buy anything new (except maybe a bathing suit).

I gained about a pound on the last cruise ... I walked the deck often, did the treadmill several times, was very consistent with drinking water, kept almonds and fresh fruit in the cabin, but did indulge a couple of times (definitely sprang for the cheesecake on my birthday). I also logged onto MFP and SparkPeople every single morning, even if my eating wasn't that great.

My username is BonnynBlithe04. Look forward to meeting some of you, and keep up the great work!

(Email is desgramcan at gmail)

Edited by ThrivingDes04
adding email

Now here is a good question that sparks many debates on MFP...

Do you eat back the calories you burn from exercise?

Personally, I say no.

Unless your exercise consists of two sit ups and a good chin scratch, then yes! Not doing so will throw you into too low of net calories and you'll very likely go into starvation mode.

The only ones I don't technically "eat back" are weight lifting calories, only because there's no accurate way to figure those out. So I add it under exercise notes and plan on eating an extra 100 or so calories of protein (egg whites or chicken breast) that day for each 60 minutes of training.

Running, walking, yoga, swimming, and pilates calories I always eat back. It can be tough if I complete a 15K or half marathon--that's more food than I can eat, but I spread it out over a few days both before and after and try to make the calories up by eating 5-7 smaller meals instead of three larger ones.

By the way, I love My Fitness Pal. I definitely keeps me honest with myself, and if you weigh and measure all of your food, it can be a real eye opener as to how many calories you're actually eating.

I don't pay attention to every last macro, especially sodium and sugar (my sugars are often "high" because I eat a lot of fresh fruit and plain fat free Greek yogurt and I don't have high blood pressure or fluid retention problems) but I try to balance my fats/carbs/protein at 20/50/30 but look at it on a weekly rather than daily basis.

Bottom line, there are some days that if I don't eat back my exercise calories I'll have a net of about 500 calories for the day--or less! Totally not healthy, and to be honest, just flat out abuse of your body.

I am also using MFP and looking for more friends to share with. Hoping to lose 37 more lbs by our next cruise in April 2014. Screen name is Talus731.

Looking forward to meeting you.

I know how to spell, but my Galaxy S4 thinks differently!!!

• 3 months later...

Well it has been 6 months since that last post and I am down 35 pounds thanks to MFP! I can't say enough good things about it. Track every bite that goes in your mouth (be honest) and get up and at least walk a little bit a few times a week. I have another cruise in 70 days and I have bought new cocktail dresses and a formal dress. No dread about how I look or feel anymore.

I have 25 pounds (hopefully) left to loose before my Alaska cruise in September. I am walking 2.5-5 miles a day and tracking my calorie intake both with MFP. I look forward to finding some cruise friends/accountability partners.

Friend request at MFP to hollyrosintoski at gmail

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was happy to find this thread. I have used myfitnesspal before with good results in keeping track of myself, but I could really use some friends to help me keep encouraged now. My husband and I are traveling on the TA cruise in the end of April and I need to lose weight (again!) I lost weight for my daughter's wedding last December and was very proud of myself, sure I would keep it off. I did until the fall, when my dad became very ill with no prognosis of getting better. We eventually needed to put him in Hospice care and he died 3 weeks ago today, and although it was expected and I was blessed to be with him, it has been tough on me mentally and physically, I got very sick the week after the funeral and am still trying to recover from that. It has been a very stressful several months for me, as I have been traveling 2+ hours to and from his location multiple times a week, as well as juggling my work and home life. I have been trying to support my mom and my sister who lives close to her, have not taken care of myself, stopped exercising and have been eating junk food. I gained about 25 pounds and hate that this happened.

I REALLY want to get back to taking care of myself, the cruise is a good goal focus point, especially since I want to go to London and we will be walking a lot; I will enjoy myself more if I lose weight and am more fit. So how do I get motivated now - I feel crappy and don't want to do anything!

I will be sending some friend requests to people who have posted on this thread, I really hope some of you can help encourage and support me, as I will do for you too. I am mom2kgirls on mfp. Thanks!

Hi, I was happy to find this thread. I have used myfitnesspal before with good results in keeping track of myself, but I could really use some friends to help me keep encouraged now. My husband and I are traveling on the TA cruise in the end of April and I need to lose weight (again!) I lost weight for my daughter's wedding last December and was very proud of myself, sure I would keep it off. I did until the fall, when my dad became very ill with no prognosis of getting better. We eventually needed to put him in Hospice care and he died 3 weeks ago today, and although it was expected and I was blessed to be with him, it has been tough on me mentally and physically, I got very sick the week after the funeral and am still trying to recover from that. It has been a very stressful several months for me, as I have been traveling 2+ hours to and from his location multiple times a week, as well as juggling my work and home life. I have been trying to support my mom and my sister who lives close to her, have not taken care of myself, stopped exercising and have been eating junk food. I gained about 25 pounds and hate that this happened.

I REALLY want to get back to taking care of myself, the cruise is a good goal focus point, especially since I want to go to London and we will be walking a lot; I will enjoy myself more if I lose weight and am more fit. So how do I get motivated now - I feel crappy and don't want to do anything!

I will be sending some friend requests to people who have posted on this thread, I really hope some of you can help encourage and support me, as I will do for you too. I am mom2kgirls on mfp. Thanks!

Hi Debbie,

You're not alone. I just accepted your friend request on MFP, and like you I have fallen off the fitness ship and am having a difficult time climbing back aboard. Let's do this together, shall we?

I have used the Lose It app and have liked it. Having a hard time navigating around MFP. Anyone else have a problem ? Think having support is soo important It can be such a struggle at times

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have used the Lose It app and have liked it. Having a hard time navigating around MFP. Anyone else have a problem ? Think having support is soo important It can be such a struggle at times

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not familiar with that app, is it only available for Iphones? An app would probably help me!

MFP: CherylRaposa, email: cherylrap@yahoo.com

I've lost 11 pounds but still have 19 more to go. I think I'll get there because I am so determined.

I'm on MFP every day, posting to my food diary and excercising.

Good luck girls. Men seem to have it so much easier than us so we need to stick together!!!:)