MyFitness Pal

I need an accountability partner(s) that uses MyFitness Pal. I want to lose 40 pounds by January. Any takers? You can link to my account using email w8ing4heaven at gmail.

I do good for a while but tend to trail off if nobody else cares lol.

Edited by blessed2travel

Hello blessed, I have been using finess pal for a few months now. Don't know how much help I will be since it sounds like I am not doing any better than you! lol. I want to lose at least 50 pounds before my next cruise in March on the new Royal. I don't know how to use the friend feature on fitness pal, how does it work?

Hello blessed, I have been using finess pal for a few months now. Don't know how much help I will be since it sounds like I am not doing any better than you! lol. I want to lose at least 50 pounds before my next cruise in March on the new Royal. I don't know how to use the friend feature on fitness pal, how does it work?

I don't know about you, but I tend to be "better" when someone cares what I am doing. lol It is much easier to cheat when no-one is watching. On your Fitness Pal account there should be a tab for Friends. Add Friends. Then Email.

I have sent friend request, I have been using it for 8 months, good for keeping track of food etc, Telhama

Sent from Telhama ipad

Got it.... And your message :o. I used it relgiously at the beginning of the year. Then we went on vacation...and it dropped off after that lol. Time to get serious :eek:.

If you want to add me I'm GemmavGray only been using it a week, so we can keep each other going! Not struggling at the moment with the diet. Though I know in the next 6 months I'll hit bits where I want to cave and eat junk. Lost 5 pounds in the first week and I think some of that really is due to MFP and te food tracker. It's brilliant!

If you want to add me I'm GemmavGray only been using it a week, so we can keep each other going! Not struggling at the moment with the diet. Though I know in the next 6 months I'll hit bits where I want to cave and eat junk. Lost 5 pounds in the first week and I think some of that really is due to MFP and te food tracker. It's brilliant!

Hello, as per above we can only add you with your email address, or you can add me telhama63@gmail.com

Hi. I'll add you as soon as I get home from my walk. Doesn't seem to like my iPhone too much.

I only have a couple of friends on it and I found them by their username. I'm sure it'll be easy to figure out with email too.

I like looking at people's food lists for ideas. So I'm not stuck eating salad every day. It is surprising what I can eat in the day without going over limits when I relax and look at ideas. Makes it easier, feels less restrictive.

You can see their food diaries when it comes up at the bottom of the page "such-a-body has completed their daily food diary. View" some people have their's hidden but you can see what they've listed if they allow it. Like I said, great for ideas.

Quick question. Does anyone else find the "sugar" impossible? I'm over ever day and it is only ever because I eat quite a lot of fruit and drink home made fruit juices. I had an orange for breakfast and without putting anything else in for that day it put me over my daily sugar. So weird.

Quick question. Does anyone else find the "sugar" impossible? I'm over ever day and it is only ever because I eat quite a lot of fruit and drink home made fruit juices. I had an orange for breakfast and without putting anything else in for that day it put me over my daily sugar. So weird.

You are not alone. The recommended amount of sugar for a healthy woman is 30 and MFP says 24. I am usually at 35 or 40. I don't pay much attention to it as long as I know the extra was not from a candy bar! Lol Maybe they do that so you eat mostly fruit and vegetables, more on the veggies? If so it's not working for me! I am still forcing myself to eat them. :eek: Cindy

You can look at each others food diary when they finish for the day. Then a message comes up says ..... Has finished their day and was under their calorie count. Then there is a view button.

Telhama

You are not alone. The recommended amount of sugar for a healthy woman is 30 and MFP says 24. I am usually at 35 or 40. I don't pay much attention to it

I'm glad it isn't just me. I think it allows me about 24 too. It has changed now to allow for exercise too. But I thought it was quite low. I think fructose is different from sweeteners and artificial sugars anyway. But it still worried me. I have been working on the idea that as long as I was nowhere near my calories or fat for the day I'm happy.