Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

Glad this thread helped.

I'll guess a B1 balcony on 9 is 126-138 sqft, ...... a touch over 32 sqft. ;)

Enjoy

.....NCL told my TA when I booked one on deck 9, that it was 158 Sq. Ft.

wasiii

.....NCL told my TA when I booked one on deck 9, that it was 158 Sq. Ft.

wasiii

I'd rather be conservative than exaggerate. Also my #'s are useable space. It does appear there could be 2 feet under angled rail, so times width of around 10 feet , you get the 20 sqft difference.

Am I being defensive. lol. :D

I'd rather be conservative than exaggerate. Also my #'s are useable space. It does appear there could be 2 feet under angled rail, so times width of around 10 feet , you get the 20 sqft difference.

Am I being defensive. lol. :D

.....just trying to help keep your spreadsheet up to date.

:cool:

wasiii

Copied from the other looong thread again. Posting text here. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lweber05 viewpost.gif

We have looked there. We are puzzled that the S-5 balconies are listed as 48 to 69 square feet. Our TA advised us (after speaking with Norwegian) that the S-5 balconies are 54 square feet. We are familiar a 54 square foot balcony because that is the size of the balconies on the Celebrity Solstice class ships. We will be uncomfortable with anything that is smaller. Also, we are interested in the depth of the balcony. (QUOTE)

The range is listed at 48 - 69 because those are the ranges discovered from varying sources. The balcony for your cabin could very well be 54. I will say the 69 is for the two port side aft S5 cabins on both levels as those have slightly larger balconies. The HC S5 is the same as the S4, or very close, as best I can tell.

Since the S5 HC is listed separately now, perhaps I will raise the lower range on the S5. That lower range initially represented the S5 HC. Also if the S4 is 43, than the S5 is definitely not 48. So tweaks on the way.

By looking at images I'll guess the depth is 4.5 feet. All these side Haven balconies are obviously the same depth. So how wide is the cabin? I don't know. If a typical S5 balcony is 54, and you divide by 4.5 depth you get 12. So, is the S5 cabin width 12 feet? Perhaps, sounds plausible to me.

Hope that helps explain things. I'm comfortable with 16118 having a 54 sqft balcony with dimensions 4.5' x 12'.

Also, I feel these sqft #'s given out by cruiselines/shipyards are w/o railings, and don't count the gutter. So it's possible the total deck space is 54, but the railing and gutter eat up 6" x 12'. So you lost 6 sqft right there. 54 - 6 = 48 sqft. Just a theory.

As I continue to state, I was trying to post values found from various sources, not makeup #'s, or exaggerate. :) Even though in some cases it would have been easier and more accurate. lol.:D

Thanks for the inquiry, which leads to adjustments, and therefore accuracy. :)

Edited by bear3412

Thanks so much for this trememdous effort! It will be a useful asset for years to come for the CC family.:cool:

One thing is certain...there are more anomalies in cabins on this ship, even within the same category, than any ship I can remember since the old ocean liner days. Making this resource all the more valuable when selecting cabins.

I'll bet 'cabin crawls' will be popular on this ship as a result...;)

I'm looking at the detail pictures of the exterior aft cabins trying to figure out exactly how big the aft PH suites are, since there's still no actual floor plan, few videos or pictures and no (that I know of) exterior shots of the aft with all balcony dividers in place...How many windows comprise the aft PH suites? (including the door)..is it the tinted windows (2 large) and the 3 next to them? or are the 3 next to them part of the next suite over?

I'm looking at the detail pictures of the exterior aft cabins trying to figure out exactly how big the aft PH suites are, since there's still no actual floor plan, few videos or pictures and no (that I know of) exterior shots of the aft with all balcony dividers in place...How many windows comprise the aft PH suites? (including the door)..is it the tinted windows (2 large) and the 3 next to them? or are the 3 next to them part of the next suite over?

I would say 5 glass panels wide. Have you clicked on the visual link for the S6? There are some good photos of the balconies with the dividers installed at the end.

I would say 5 glass panels wide. Have you clicked on the visual link for the S6? There are some good photos of the balconies with the dividers installed at the end.

I did look through that and all the slides but for some reason my computer isn't liking loading it lol BTW thank you so much for doing this, it's really awesome! I just cannot get enough info about this, so excited! lol

And if that's the case and it's 5 wide...holy buckets that's large! lol TY again :)

You two are funny.:D

aheh..I can't help it. I've been wanting to go on another cruise since my first one (which was 10 years ago) and the fact that I'm going to have the means to book a cabin like this is making me pee my pants with excitement...

Just wait until you experience the VIP treatment that will come with that balcony!:)

Yah I'm a little beside myself in that regard...I don't know what to ask for lol. I don't want to seem like an arrogant ass but at the same time I don't want to not take advantage of what I'm paying for. Very thin line lol...will they give me half and half for my in room pod style coffee/espresso machine? lol I have to have my half n half :P

what exactly does a butler do anyway?? (and don't say 'he buts')

Since a lot of people are viewing this thread thanks to bear's wonderful work on that google doc, this might be an appropriate place to ask this question and maybe start to get the information together.

On another thread I was reading, there's quite a bit of interest in the room packages regarding alcohol and mixers/juices/sodas/etc that come with the different suite categories. Is there any way to add that as a part of this spreadsheet based upon actual passenger feedback regarding their specific cabin category and what they experienced that was included in their room package? I know for me personally, it's very confusing trying to figure out what suite category gets what sort of perk like this kind gets 1 bottle, this kind gets 3, this one gets champagne while this other one gets sparkling wine etc. It might also help people know whether they need to buy the soda package, the soda + juice package, etc in addition to whatever they'll be given as part of their room package.

:D I did the cabins, someone else can assemble the interior spreadsheet. lol.

In all seriousness I thought of it all, but I had to stop somewhere.

A sheet of the interior would be awesome, but I won't have time now for that document. :eek: Plus, interior venues are not my forte. :o

The alcohol question is sort of easy and consistent across the fleet.

But will defer to others for the answer. Well I'll guess. :rolleyes: S1 gets 6 and S2 gets 3 bottles of liquor , other S's get sparking wine.

Actually after some thought, if someone gives this info, I could add it to the appropriate slide for each S category. It would only take an hour.

BTW I'm really please I included the HC cabin situation. Thanks for that suggestion whom every suggested it.

I now scan for new images to add. There isn't much.

Please post links to cabin images here when found, espesially for cats with no visual links.

I'm not even sure I answered your inquiry now. lol