Live From - 5/12/13 British Isles Caribbean Princess

ccrain

Started reading about the TA before we left on April 27 and glad to find the BI today. I'll use some of your comments in my journal. We took all private tours so our experiences are different from yours but just as positive. I plan to write a review as others comments and recommendations really helped me plan. I can't pick a favorite port as they were all good but wish the weather had been warmer. I read the Guernsey book on the crossing and was so disappointed to miss the port.

How can I find the rest of your LIVE from the TA? We booked our next cruise to the South Pacific on this cruise~ join us on April 1! Karen

Started reading about the TA before we left on April 27 and glad to find the BI today. I'll use some of your comments in my journal. We took all private tours so our experiences are different from yours but just as positive. I plan to write a review as others comments and recommendations really helped me plan. I can't pick a favorite port as they were all good but wish the weather had been warmer. I read the Guernsey book on the crossing and was so disappointed to miss the port.

How can I find the rest of your LIVE from the TA? We booked our next cruise to the South Pacific on this cruise~ join us on April 1! Karen

Karen,

You can find ccrain's live TA thread here:

The Caribbean Princess TransAtlantic

Thanks so much for this posting, we were on the same cruise from 5/12 and were so sad to leave! Hands down our best trip ever! I just finished reading your post and reliving our time.

We did all self-planned and/or self-guided tours, so we had some completely different experiences. We are also a late 20's couple, so had some different experiences in that respect also (I know someone had originally asked if there was stuff to do for a younger crowd- this definitely depends on what you like to do, but if you're expecting a Carnival like atmosphere, you won't find it, but there are definitely things to do). But I plan on putting together a summary of our experiences and information on my extensive planning, so I can hopefully help some people because the information I got from this board was truly invaluable.

Thanks again,

Pam

Thanks so much for this posting, we were on the same cruise from 5/12 and were so sad to leave! Hands down our best trip ever! I just finished reading your post and reliving our time.

We did all self-planned and/or self-guided tours, so we had some completely different experiences. We are also a late 20's couple, so had some different experiences in that respect also (I know someone had originally asked if there was stuff to do for a younger crowd- this definitely depends on what you like to do, but if you're expecting a Carnival like atmosphere, you won't find it, but there are definitely things to do). But I plan on putting together a summary of our experiences and information on my extensive planning, so I can hopefully help some people because the information I got from this board was truly invaluable.

Thanks again,

Pam

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Thanks again,

Pam

I am REALLY excited for your review. I'm in my mid twenties and will be going with my family who range in age from 16-73 so your review will give an interesting contrast!

I have scanned the 12 day CB BI patters in black and white. They are about 12.5MB in pdf format.

Let me know if you want a copy and I will email them. If you have a website to post them or a suggestion where I could post them, let me know...

Thank you so much for the tidbit I am hoping this is still the case when it is our turn next month. I have copied down some of your tips and plan to share them with the rest of my family. I look forward to checking out your Patters!

Hi there, we've just finished the same cruise. FYI we love our California wine so we brought a shippers case with red wine and had the box with us when we registered on April 27. The guy at the desk told us that is the way wine should be brought, no problem whatsoever. We also had 3 other bottles in with our luggage as the shipper box holds 9 bottles, again there was no problem we did have to pay $15 corkage fee for every bottle opened and kept at the dining room.

For everyone else, I did Zumba just about every day with Nat, sometimes twice a day, and he is pretty good. We also did all the ball room dancing lesssons and the ball room dancing in the evening for both legs of the cruise, it was a lot of fun. For the first leg, there were too many couples and it was quite a squeeze, but for the leg starting on May 12 there were only 5 or 6 couples so we had more room.

05-23-2013 – In Route Guernsey

My least favorite days of the cruise – packing day, and then flying day, and then back to work day. The seas are slight for the ship, but white capping and does not bode well for Guernsey tendering. So it’s time to wrap this cruise up and prepare for the next one.

Overall this was a good cruise. We had a lot of fun seeing and doing a lot of different things. Having friends on this cruise also made it special. We had a great time dining with people we knew, and liked! The ports and for the most part, the excursions, were fascinating with a lot of different sights. Even the food wasn’t too bad! The itinerary on this cruise was hectic, packed but very interesting. Not a dud in the bunch. Yes the bus rides could be long, but that is the nature of the beast. The highlights: #1 has got to be Normandy, followed by lunch in the Eifel Tower, Edinburgh Castle, Dublin Glendaloch, Kirkwall Ring of Brodgar, Glasgow Glengloyne. Dublin, Cobh, Southampton, Belfast and Glenock on our own were really fun as well. Thankfully we had no duds as tour guides. They all were knowledgeable, friendly and interesting to listen to.

The service on the ship was excellent. Very few slip ups here and there, but nothing to write home about. Besides, as the comedian said, here’s your two free muffins – now shut up!. Incredibly enough, in 27 days we did not once have breakfast in the HC or the MDR. The IC was sufficient for us and the service with Elizabeth and Beatriz was fantastic. Sabatini’s new menu is good, but I do miss the old one a bit. It had a different flair. Crown Grill was excellent, as usual. We did not do a UBD or Chef’s table on this cruise – and that was ok as well. (We spent out our budget on excursions!)

Overall a good cruise and a good itinerary. Highly recommended.

That’s it for this cruise. Talk to you all later…

Your review was wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Archived