Back to Belize looking for suggestions

Liverpoollovely

Hi Everyone

I am looking for ideas. Places, suggestions, any possible excursions you can recommend for me and my families future cruise on the Carnival Glory. I have looked on carnival’s website and the tours did not seem to fit in with all family members needs.

I cannot snorkel I get panic attacks and another family member cannot swim. So snorkel excursions are pretty much redundant for our lil group.

We have an elderly family member who is not so good at walking long distances, their feet swell up due to medication they take, although they can do small amounts of walking permitted there are stops, they are after all 73 :)

So what would you all suggest for excursions? Any companies you recommend or have done reviews on please share :) we will be in Belize in November.

• 1 month later...

It is true that the excursions in Belize are geared towards walking or swimming, because just hanging out in this city does not give you a safe feeling at all. If you feel you must get off the ship in every port (and this is a tender port) I would suggest checking out a city tour if the ship offers one. I have done a self city tour, walked to the museum, the sidewalks when they exist-are uneven, with large speaces, high curbs, and narrow. With your limitations in your group, I would suggest, this be the port you just tender in to, and wander the compound. I would also suggest that anyone who doesn't know how to swim, take some swimming lessons. You are on a ship surrounded by water:o. I am claustrophobic, but enjoy snorkeling from the shore, where I can stand up when I am feeling "stressed". I hope you have a great cruise. Maybe the river cruise in Belize?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

I am looking for ideas. Places, suggestions, any possible excursions you can recommend for me and my families future cruise on the Carnival Glory. I have looked on carnival’s website and the tours did not seem to fit in with all family members needs.

I cannot snorkel I get panic attacks and another family member cannot swim. So snorkel excursions are pretty much redundant for our lil group.

We have an elderly family member who is not so good at walking long distances, their feet swell up due to medication they take, although they can do small amounts of walking permitted there are stops, they are after all 73 :)

So what would you all suggest for excursions? Any companies you recommend or have done reviews on please share :) we will be in Belize in November.

Dear Liverpoollovely,

I respectfully suggest you remain on the ship whilst 'parked'; avoid the tender business and enjoy the amenities on ship during the exodus of most passengers and some of the crew. Belize is the most primitive of the three ports I assume you will visit-assuming; CCL's so called exotic western caribbean; Roatan, Belize and of course the obligatory Coz.

CJ

• 2 months later...

Firstly I apologise in the delay in responding to this post and giving thanks for you sharing your opinions and suggestions :) I did not intend for this to take so long to reply to

Marshhawk - thank you for your views and suggestions ... I think we will see how our father is feeling on this particular day (if his feet are too swollen) if he wants to visit the port we can just stay in the compound area and enjoy some drinks explore the shops for little trinkets ... that kind of thing.... with respect to your suggestion on swimming we do not intend the ship to sink :D but I do understand your reason for this suggestion :)

CJ - yes we are going to Cozumel and Rotan .. we are highly excited for this! :) like I said we will probably see how my dad is feeling tender ports take more of an effort and we have never stayed on the ship when others venture into port which would be something different to do in itself! :) thank you for your suggestion

Liverpoollovely, we'll be cruising with you on the Glory (I think I saw you post on our roll call)!

While Belize may be consider a primitive port by some, it is one of my favorite stops in the western Caribbean. It would be a shame to travel so far and not visit, if even briefly, a new foreign country, although it is understandable if your father doesn't feel well that day.

A member on our roll call is trying to set-up a tour to the Altun Ha ruins and then a tour of the local Belikin beer brewery. While the ruins tour would require more walking than your father would like, Carnival does offer just the Brewery tour:

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/509070

The ride over to the brewery would include a short city tour which would give you a glimpse of Belize.

Last year I took my wife's uncle out into the city and we took a short city tour and then walked around for a bit and he really enjoyed experiencing a different culture than his hometown in Georgia.

Even if all you get to do is visit the port compound make sure you try a locally brewed Belikin beer!

Don't forget that on Conquest class ships like the Glory there is a Fish and Chips place for lunch on deck #10. You access it by a short set of stairs in the buffet area on the Lido deck (deck 9). Have a great cruise!

John

We had a blast on the airboat tour. I wanted to venture out in the city but after the city tour on the bus, it didn't look the safest for even walking. Just taking the tender to the port is an adventure because the water is just beautiful in Belize! Have fun!!

Archived